New York City

"Lance look!" Kara yelled, pointing out the window. The whole plane ride had been peaceful. Lance had read his book while Keith had listened to his music and looked out the window. Finally though, they were here. Keith finally saw the buildings of New York City.

      Lance leaned over to see out the window, causing Keith to lean back. Lance looked out the window with awe, straining to get a better look. There was excitement in his eyes.

     "Wow," he breathed. Keith felt his heart pound. Lance was so close. They both continued to stare out the window, and Keith tried to not concentrate on how close they were as the plane landed.

      Finally it was time to get up, and get going. Lance and Keith fumbled their way out of the airplane, and into the airport. It was packed. Both of them stumbled against the bodies, trying to find their way. Finally Lance spotted a sign that said their names.

     "Kara this way!" He called, reminding himself to thank Ms. Fran for the driver. Before they knew it they were pulling up at a luxury hotel and checking in.

     "Okay you're all set. Room 492," the man at the front desk said handing over their key.

      "Thank you," they both replied. They were both completely silent as the rode the elevator up to their room. They were both still trying to get their bearings since neither had ever been to New York City.

     Finally they found their room, and Lance opened it with their key card. They both walked in looking around and the luxury place. That's when they saw it. The bed.

     Both their eyes stared at it, and then at each other.

      "I thought..." Kara started, trying to remember when Ms. Fran had told them it was two bedroom.

     Wait. No. She hadn't. She had only said that this room was originally booked for her and the guy that it didn't work out with. Of course it was only one bed.

      "I can sleep on the floor!" Lance volunteered. Kara whipped on him.

      "No that's nonsense! I'll be the one to sleep on the floor!" Kara insisted.

     "No I can't let you do that!" Lance blurted.

      "Why? Because it's not the gentleman thing to do?!" Kara teased. Lance frowned.

      "Okay, well it isn't! There's no way in hell I'm taking that bed!" Lance yelled.

      "Fine! Then we'll both sleep on the floor!" Kara insisted. They both rolled their eyes realizing how stupid they were being.

     "Whatever, let's just figure it out later," Lance sighed, setting his suitcase in the corner then turning to the window. He opened the blinds revealing a sparkling view of the city.

     "Nice view," Kara commented, placing her own suitcase away.

     "So what's the plan?" Asked Lance. Kara shrugged.

     "I know the play is at 7. Other than that we're free to roam. Where do you want to go?" Kara asked.

    "I don't know. Central Park? Time square?" Lance suggested.

     "Sounds good to me," Kara agreed, grabbing her purse.

     "Okay then, let's go explore!" Lance cheered. At that the two left their hotel guy room and ventured out into the city.

"Okay come on, central park's the next block down," Kara said once they were outside the hotel, dragging Lance along with her. They both couldn't help but gaze in awe at the tall buildings, and at the various people walking by.