Movies and Motorcycles Part Two

Keith was desperately trying to focus on the coming attractions, and not the fact that he and Lance were alone together in the back row of the movie theatre. The make out zone, as some people called it. How the heck had this happened?!

Keith couldn't stop glancing at Lance's hand, which was resting on the arm rest. He was fighting back against the impulse to just grab it!

Keith didn't get it. He hated this guy, yet he was severely attracted to him. How did that work? Shouldn't Keith be appalled by just looking at his face? Why did he always feel like he was melting into Lance's big blue eyes?

Keith felt the hairs on his arm prickle as Lance leaned over. Keith had a quick intake of air.

"That movie looks good," Lance whispered. Keith was so flustered, it took him a second to figure out what Lance was talking about. Keith nodded, even though he hadn't even been watching the last trailer.

"Yeah," he murmured. Lance smirked.

"Keith?" He asked. Keith glared.

"What?"

"Are you scared?" Lance laughed. Keith rolled his eyes.

"No, horror movies don't scare me," Keith told Lance. Lance gave him a skeptical look.

"Then why are you so on edge?" Lance asked.

"Because you're here, and I'm always on edge," Keith replied, answering honestly. Lance laughed.

"Okay, fair," he admitted, turning his attention back to the screen. They both watched in silence, until finally the movie began to start. It was pretty stupid, but Keith didn't expect much from a movie called Bruh, I'm a zombie. Keith sighed, as the movie started relaxing into his chair, and trying to forget Lance was beside him.

    The jump scares were predictable, the acting was horrible, and it wasn't scary at all. Still, Lance jumped every two seconds. Keith gritted his teeth whenever Lance did. He was being more annoying than the movie.

    After the tenth jump from Lance in the same scene, Keith couldn't take it any more. He smacked Lance's hand, annoyed.

    "Calm down, will you?!" He whispered. Lance looked at Keith startled.

    "Sorry!" He muttered,"I told you I don't do well with scary movies!"

    "Clearly!" Keith huffed. Then, Keith realized his hand was still on Lance's. An electric current rippled through his body, and Keith's heart began to speed. Should he take away? But he couldn't move! What should he do? Lance carefully sinked his fingers into Keith's hand, causing a whole new rush of feelings within Keith. What...what was going on? Lance looked at Keith guilty.

    "Do you mind if I hold your hand? It'll make me less jumpy! If you think it's weird then just tell me! It's just, Hunk always lets me do it so..."

    "It's fine!" Keith interrupted, blushing hard, and turning back to the movie screen. He could feel the warmness of Lance's hands even through the gloves. Keith sighed, wishing he didn't hate Lance. Wishing he would let himself catch feelings. Wishing Lance was his, and...NO! No! No! No!

    "This is your last warning! Don't make me repeat myself again!" His brain yelled at his heart.

    "I'm sorry! I'm trying to contain myself!" His heart cried back. Keith took a deep breath in. This was perfectly normal. Lance had just told him that he did the very same thing with Hunk. This didn't mean anything, especially not to Lance. So, it shouldn't mean anything to Keith either.