Chapter 12: Echoes of Arcane Beginnings I

—---------------------------------------------

Wednesday, 23 November 1789, 8:01 am

Country: Eldoria

Location: Helios Academy, Loid's room

—---------------------------------------------

I groggily slammed the alarm clock as I woke up.

"It seems I woke up late..." I muttered to myself.

I hurriedly made my way towards the bathroom and took a shower, feeling less surprised that this world even had showers. As I was bathing, I heard a loud knock on the door.

*Knock*

"Loid, are you ready yet? We're running late, so hurry up!" Angela's voice echoed through the door.

"Or do you want me to break in again?" she playfully teased.

"Damn," I muttered under my breath.

"Just a minute, I'm coming!" I shouted back, quickly rinsing off and making my way to the closet to get dressed.

While I was dressing, I noticed Angela staring at me with wide eyes and a flushed face.

"Couldn't you wait for a minute?" I asked, slightly annoyed.

"W-Well, you didn't respond, so..." she stammered.

"Break in again?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well... whatever. Can you turn around? I'm going to change, or do you want to stare at me again?" I replied sarcastically.

"In your dreams, humph!" she retorted.

"Well, your loss," I said, shrugging it off.

...

I finally changed into a clean, white academy uniform with a military jacket on top. The jacket bore a 'III' symbol, indicating that I was a third-year student.

"So, are you ready?" Angela asked.

"Wait, but where are we going?" I inquired.

"Of course, to your class," she replied as if it were obvious.

"Hold on, this is the first time I'm hearing about this," I said.

"Well, didn't I tell you to read the academy's brochure?" She motioned towards a pile of books.

"Don't tell me... you forgot?" she asked with a hint of frustration.

"W-Well, I got distracted," I sheepishly admitted.

"You," she sighed, shaking her head. "We have no time anyways. Do you know which class you're in?"

I shrugged my shoulders, indicating that I didn't know.

"Well, we transferred you to Professor Angelica's class," Angela informed me.

"Who's 'we'?" I asked, confused.

"You already know, and you're still asking? Hm?" she said, tilting her head and giving me a dangerous look.

I felt a cold sweat forming on my forehead.

"I-It's alright," I stammered, raising my hands in surrender.

"Good," Angela grinned, satisfied with my response.

She led the way towards Angelica's class, and along the way, I noticed many students heading in the same direction. Among them were Elves, distinguished by their pointed ears and exceptional beauty. Not only the girls, but the males were handsome as well.

Epitome of ImaginationOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara