Chapter 10: A New Start [ACT II]

ACT II : ACADEMY

—-------------------------------------

Tuesday, 22 November 1789 9:20am

Country: Eldoria

Location: Helios Academy, Infirmary

—-------------------------------------

The door creaked open and slammed shut. A nurse entered the room and asked, "Mr. Kage, are your injuries alright now?"

"I think so," I replied. "Can I be discharged?"

"Hmm... I guess so. Can you sign here?" She handed me a clipboard with a form attached.

I signed the form and stood up. "Thank you," I said.

I left the room and walked down the hallway. The sun was shining brightly outside, and I took a deep breath of fresh air. I was finally free.

I walked out of the room and took a deep breath of fresh air. The hallway was clean and modern, with white walls and a polished floor. I walked towards the end of the hallway, but I stopped when I saw a window. I was curious to see what was outside, so I looked out the window.

I was amazed by what I saw. There was a beautiful landscape outside, with a small pond surrounded by trees. In the distance, I could see another building with the word "HELIOS" written on it. I stood there for a few minutes, just taking it all in.

After a while, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Angela, She was wearing a white military-style uniform like I saw her recently

"Beautiful, isn't it?" she said.

I nodded. "It is," I said.

"Congratulations on your recovery," she said. "But shouldn't you rest more?"

I sighed. "I know," I said. "But I just wanted to see this."

"I understand," she said. "But you should still rest. You've been through a lot."

I nodded. "I will," I said.

"Good," she said. "Now, come with me. I'll show you where you're staying."

She turned and walked away, and I followed her. Her footsteps made a tip tap sound on the polished floor. I walked quickly so that I wouldn't fall behind.

We walked down the hallway and turned a corner. Angela stopped in front of a door and opened it. "This is it," she said.

I looked inside the room. It was small, but it was clean and comfortable. There was a bed, a dresser, and a nightstand. A window looked out onto the same landscape that I had seen from the hallway.

"Thank you," I said.

"You're welcome," she said. "I'll be back later to check on you."

She turned and walked away, and I closed the door behind her. I took a deep breath and looked around the room. I was finally home.

"So...? This is Loid's room huh?"

"Didn't expected it to be any flashy... but still it looks like he hasn't visited his own room for many days"

Loid couldn't help but be taken aback by the state of the room. He had expected simplicity, but the neglected appearance suggested that it had been left untouched for a significant period. As his eyes roamed the surroundings, they were inevitably drawn to the calendar hanging on the wall. The date displayed was 1789, a revelation that left him dumbfounded. The presence of steampunk contraptions and magical artifacts only added to the incredulity of the situation.