Interlude II: Profound Reunion

June 6 - 17:10

Helios Academy, Professor Angelica's Residence, Eldoria

The weariness of the day's events weighed heavily on me, evident in my tired voice. "I'm so tired," I confessed, feeling the exhaustion from our recent arrival at Helios Academy from Hospital.

"Already tired, Loid? We've just arrived," Professor Angelica remarked playfully. "I think you should start doing some exercise. I'll assign you someone who is good with that later~"

I let out a halfhearted sigh. "Hah... Do whatever," I replied, my weariness evident in my tone.

"How about you go ahead? I'll put up my things in my room and see you later," I suggested, hoping to get a moment to rest.

"Is that so? Do as you see fit then," she agreed, allowing me the freedom to choose.

As I turned to head upstairs, her voice halted me. "By the way... Do you have any preferences for dinner?"

I paused and turned back to face her, surprised by the question. "You can cook?" I asked, genuinely curious about her culinary skills.

"Yes! I'm very confident in my cooking," she responded proudly, placing a hand over her heart.

"O-Okay, sure then. I'll leave that to you. And as for preferences... I like potatoes. Do you have those?" I asked, not entirely sure what to expect in this new world.

"Oh, potatoes? We sure do! Don't you worry; I'll make something special," she assured me with confidence.

"Thanks... I'll have to cook for you next time," I said with a smile, already feeling a bit more at ease with her hospitality.

"Fine... now shoo away~ I have to cook," she playfully waved me off, her attention turning to the impending meal.

"Alright," I agreed, giving her the space she needed. I turned and headed upstairs.

*STEP *STEP

The ascent of the stairs felt deliberate, each step giving me a moment to reflect. I finally reached the door that would serve as my temporary room.

'After all, I can't keep relying on Professor Angelica's kindness every time, right?' I thought, reminding myself of the need for independence.

With that in mind, I opened the door.

*CREAK

The door's creaking marked my entrance. I closed it behind me, setting my bag down near the desk by the window. It was a simple room, but it would serve its purpose.

As I threw myself onto the bed, a sigh escaped me. I found myself reminiscing about the events of six months ago and beyond. The attempt on my life by Steve Reeds, the journey into the Miasma Realm, and the mysterious curse that had left me drained of energy and mana. The once-golden hue of my eyes had transformed into an unsettling shade of red, a visual reminder of the changes I'd undergone.

*Yawn

A yawn escaped my lips, a signal of my body's fatigue. "And now, let's see this," I muttered to myself, retrieving a bracelet from my pocket. This was no ordinary bracelet; it emitted a soft blue light, indicating its activation. Slipping it onto my wrist, I chuckled softly and tapped it, conjuring a holographic display.

[Congratulations user! You have became an Ascended]

[All stats have been reset and have been corresponded to your rank]