Chapter 15: Troubling Encounter

---—-----------------------------------------

Wednesday, 23 November 1789, 9:10am

Country: Eldoria

Location: Helios Academy, Combat Class, Room A2

—---------------------------------------------

"Hey Loid! How are you doing?" Angela inquired with a concerned expression.

"I-I'm fine, I suppose," I replied, wincing as I accidentally bit my tongue.

"Are you okay?" Angela asked, worriedly.

"Y-yes," I stammered, hoping to mask the discomfort caused by my tongue-biting blunder.

"So, why are you here? Shouldn't you be in your class?" she inquired.

"No, it's already over," I responded, waving my hand dismissively.

"Oh, I see. Time has flown by, huh? I didn't realize," she chuckled lightly.

"Well... Angelica told me to find you. Perhaps she wants to talk to both of us... again," I shrugged, indicating my uncertainty.

"Alright, let me quickly wipe off my sweat," Angela said, getting up and exiting the room.

"Maybe she's going to take a shower," I thought to myself.

...

"Oh, it's going to take a while, I suppose. Can't really blame her," I mused.

"Let's take a look around in the meantime," I decided, standing up and heading towards the door.

As I opened the door...

"OUCH!"

*THUD!

*UGH!!

"HEY YOU! YOU BASTARD! CAN'T YOU WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING?"

His voice was filled with arrogance, and when I observed him, he resembled a typical delinquent one might encounter on the city streets. His ears were pierced, sporting earrings, his hair was unkempt, and his shirt was dirty with... blood stains.

"This seems unusual..." I thought, alarmed by the presence of blood.

"Must be a thief or something," I speculated.

"Hey, you! Stop right there!" I shouted, attempting to apprehend him.

"This guy started running!"

I waved my hand and utilized my psychokinetic abilities to restrain him.

I forced him to kneel and delivered a swift blow to his ribs.

*UCK!!

"I've got you now, you miserable piece of trash! You won't escape!"

As I held the delinquent, a surge of adrenaline coursed through my veins. I could feel the weight of the situation and the danger that lingered in the air. His pained expression and the blood stains on his shirt raised more questions than answers.

"Who are you? What have you done?" I demanded, my voice filled with a mix of authority and curiosity.

The delinquent grunted in pain but remained defiant. "None of your business, you freak! Let me go!"

I tightened my grip, using my psychokinetic abilities to exert more control over him. "You're not going anywhere until you tell me what's going on."

Just as I prepared to question him further, Angela emerged from the room, her expression turning from surprise to concern as she took in the scene before her.