Chapter 27: Chaos Beneath the Sun's Gaze

As my right eye slowly opened, a sea of red engulfed my surroundings. The world had transformed into a crimson panorama, every object bathed in the vivid hue. While I've always held an affinity for the color red, this time, the circumstances were far from ordinary – they were unsettlingly different.

Time itself seemed to decelerate, emphasizing the gravity of the situation. I shifted my gaze from one corner of the room to another, taking in the peculiar alterations that had befallen the world around me. The once-familiar scene was now marred by what I could only describe as distortion and chaos.

These two phenomena were playing out in a surreal symphony. The table, typically grounded beside me, now defied gravity, hovering inexplicably near the ceiling. Could it be that gravity itself had taken a hiatus here?

My own reflection, previously crystal-clear in the mirror, shattered into fractured pieces. The spatial fabric seemed twisted, bent out of shape, yet here I was, alive and observing this enigma unfold.

In the midst of this bewildering ordeal, my agency seems restricted. My movements were confined to the motion of a single eye – my right eye. However, this limitation came with an unexpected boon. My perception was heightened, processing the world with unparalleled speed and precision, a silver lining to this crimson enigma.

Just when I thought I was beginning to grasp this newfound reality, the disorientation reached a crescendo. Pain throbbed in my head, aching unbearably. As I winced in response, time and reality themselves seemed to ripple and twist once more.

The world, saturated in red, started to normalize, returning to its familiar palette. The bizarre patterns and shapes that had manifested in the scarlet landscape faded into oblivion.

Yet, the abrupt shift wasn't the end of the anomaly. A surge of energy, like a torrent of mana, surged into my body, seizing me with a sharp discomfort. The sensation contorted my features as I clutched my stomach, sinking to the floor in an attempt to quell the sensation.

"Hey, Loid, what's happening?!" Professor Angelica's voice cut through the air, laced with concern. She rushed to my side, a figure of support in this surreal tableau. Her hand reached out towards my arm, intent on offering assistance.

But then, something extraordinary occurred. My mind instinctively triggered a psychokinetic field, an invisible force that emanated from me. It was an automatic response, an involuntary defense mechanism against the unknown.

Professor Angelica's approach was met with an invisible barrier, and before her eyes widened like a startled rabbit, the force propelled her backward with astonishing velocity.

*CRASH!

The sound of impact echoed through the room, a resounding crash as she collided with the wall. The barrier's power had propelled her through it, rupturing the barrier between my hospital room and the next.

Stunned silence followed the abrupt disruption. Dust and debris floated in the air, remnants of the collision between Professor Angelica and the wall. As the echoes of the crash subsided, I struggled to regain my composure, my mind racing to make sense of the unfolding chaos.

"Professor Angelica!" I gasped, my voice a mixture of concern and disbelief. Shoving aside the lingering discomfort, I scrambled to my feet and hurried towards the breach in the wall. Through the jagged hole, I could see the adjacent room in disarray, a testament to the force of my involuntary action.

"Are you okay?" I called out, my voice laced with genuine concern. My psychokinetic field had acted on its own, a defense mechanism that had unintentionally caused harm. Leaning through the opening, I peered into the adjacent room, my eyes locking onto Professor Angelica's figure as she stirred amidst the wreckage.