Chapter 25 (Amy) (Edited)

Start from the beginning

            “Will, son, you are going to have to go through me to get to these kids,” he bellowed.

            My father recoiled like he had received a slap in the face.  He took a step back and I was in awe as I watched his canines recede and his nails withdrawal back to normal.  I tentatively relaxed because it seemed as if some of the tension in the room had momentarily dissipated. 

            “What now?” I spoke softly.  My father’s stare lifted to me and I heard the low rumble of a growl coming from his chest. 

            “His family,” he said while lifting his finger to point at Stevie, “They are now and forever banished from this pack.  I will not tolerate disobedience from a pup, not even if he is your mate.”  My mouth dropped open and I stood there in total shock.  My knees buckled from underneath me, but my Stevie was there to catch me. 

            “You can’t do that,” I hoarsely whispered.

            “I can and I just did,” my father growled while keeping his eyes pinned to Stevie.  “You have forty eight hours to pack your family and get your ass out of my territory.”  I gasped and felt my eyes start to well up.

            “Daddy,” I cried out helplessly.

            Stevie pushed me behind him and focused on my father.  All I could do was hold on to the back of his shirt and pray to the Moon Goddess.

            “With all do respect sir, if I leave, my mate comes with me,” Stevie spoke in a dangerously cool voice.

            “I’ll be damned,” my father barked out.  “She is my daughter and she will stay with me.”

            I held on tight to Stevie and I felt his chest rise when he inhaled a deep breath of air.  Very calmly he replied, “Over my dead body.”

            “Oh God,” I whispered to myself.

            “Pup, that can definitely be arranged,” my father answered back in that same calm tone.

            “There will be no deaths here,” Grandpop declared while pointedly look back and forth between Stevie and my father.  He then turned his sole attention back to Dad.  “Will, you grew up in a pack and you know what a female goes through once she has been claimed.  The heat is a very painful process without her mate.  Why would you want to wish this pain on your daughter?”

            I felt Stevie’s heart rate quicken at the mere mention of my pain.  I slipped my hand under his shirt and felt his breathing slow from my touch against his skin.  My father looked down at the ground. 

            “I know,” he said looking sorely defeated.  “But she is my baby girl; I’m not ready to let her go.  I can’t let her go,” he finished by running his hand recklessly through his thick head of hair.  Grandpop exhaled a deep breath of air. 

            “Will, she is wolf.  You have to let her go; the Moon Goddess fated them to be together.  You need to accept this or you are going to lose your daughter.”

            My fathers eyes snapped up to me and in a gruff voice, he said “No.”  He then turned to Stevie and screamed, “This is your fucking fault.”

            Before I could protest the air crackled and a snarling grey wolf stood before us.

            “No!” I screamed.  “Daddy, please,” I begged of him.  I tried to push my way around Stevie and he just held me back.  The air crackled again and Stevie’s white wolf was nudging me back even further.