Of Love And Hate, You Were My Greatest Mistake ~46~

Start from the beginning

"Hello?"

"LAILA!"

"Why're you shouting at me?" She winced, holding the phone away at Ramani's loud voice.

"Put me on speaker," The latter said bossily. "I have important info."

"Kay, hold on," Laila did as she was told and set the phone down, right between herself, Caleb, and Amanda. "Go ahead. What's so important?"

"They have a red carpet at the party!"

"No," Caleb shoved Laila aside to snatch up the phone himself, "You're kidding me."

"No, it's here!" Katie's voice momentarily overtook Ramani's.

"Yeah, it's here. Literally everyone is dressed up and people are posing on it and everything," Ramani said excitedly. "I had no idea Alex is this loaded! I know his dad's a professional soccer player and everything, but holy fuck his house is huuuge. Everything is completely decked out just like a real red carpet-"

"We're coming!" Caleb announced. He stood with Laila's phone before she could even protest. "I'll tie Laila up and bring her if I have to. We'll be there asap."

"YES!"

"I knew that would work," Ramani giggled at Katie's shouting. "See you soooon!"

And then the call was over. Caleb dropped Laila's phone and immediately started sorting through his closet while Amanda dragged her overnight bag from the corner. She started tossing things over her shoulder with no regard for Laila's safety.

"What're you guys doing?" Laila dodged as a flying tank top nearly hit her in the face. It had come from Amanda's general direction.

"Getting the Britney Spears outfit I brought with me. I have everything from Halloween last year."

"I'm finding my Michael Jackson things," Caleb announced. "And something for you to wear."

"Um, actually.." Laila reluctantly stood, finally giving in. An actual red carpet did sound pretty enticing. "I kind of brought a costume with me, too."

Amanda dropped the bedazzled bra she was holding while Caleb turned from his closet, mouth wide open.

"I knew it!" He shouted.

"What do you have? Lemme see!" Amanda hopped up and shoved Laila to the side, digging through her best friend's bag. "Ooh is this part of it?" She pulled out the beaded white bra Laila had packed. "And this?" She got out the matching pair of underwear. "And this!" She retrieved the headpiece and waved it over her head. "I know who you're gonna be!"

"Lady Gaga!" Caleb said it before she could. "Bad Romance. Amiright?"

"Yes, you're right." Laila smiled and took the clothes from Amanda. "I have the bra and the beads to go over it," She held up the beaded, barely there white bra and the netted drape it came with. "And the matching bottom."

"More like panties," Caleb said, positively delighted by Laila's decision.

"Yeah, whatever. And the bracelets," She maneuvered around Amanda to pull them out. "Plus everything else I need." She piled everything up and turned around. "Can I use your shower? I need to start all over."

"Duh," Caleb got up and strode into his adjoining bathroom. "And use this!" He came back out and tossed a brand new razor at Laila.

"I already shaved today," She looked at him quizzically. He knew that.

"Yes, but have you shaved everything?" He grinned at her disbelief in his boldness. "You have to be ready. Jace will be there, who knows-"

"Oh my god, stop talking!" Laila took Jace's jacket off and laid it across Caleb's bed, followed by the ribbon from her hair. "I'm not going that far. You know that. In fact, I'm not doing anything with him. Not like that."