Chapter 38: Kingdom of the North

As they entered the great city of Annúminas, they were stunned by its beauty; the roads were paved with fine white stone, and the scent of honeysuckle permeated the air and all around them were people more like to the Firstborn than any other of the kindreds of Men; they were tall, taller than the tallest of the sons of Westeros; and the light of their eyes was like the bright stars.

Jon and the others were surprised by the sight of so many men of Westernesse, especially Shiera, since after more than a century, She will be able to meet her great-grandfather's kin, the people from whom she descended, the thought made her shed tears of emotion.

"Are you well, Shiera?" Asked Ashara, worried that her beloved was weeping.

"Yes, I'm just gladdened ... I will finally be able to meet my great-grandfather's kindred ... I will finally be able to know where my mother's family comes from", Shiera replied, barely containing her emotion.

Seeing her so happy, Ashara was moved because finally, her beloved Shiera will be able to know her origins; despite being in public, Ashara gave Shiera a sweet kiss on the lips to calm her nerves.

"I'm happy for you love, I hope you find what you are looking for here", Ashara said, stroking her hair with love while the beautiful Targaryen bastard smiled with happiness.

On the other hand, Jon, Loras and Robar could finally fulfil another step in their task; they will meet the Faithful and their King Elendil.

"We finally got here," Robar said solemnly.

"It was four years of triumph and sorrow. My brothers in arms ... Now we will see if it was all worth it, "Loras replied with emotion.

"I am sure that if Loras, everything we went through. Summerhall, Dorne, Pentos, The Gray Havens, Khazad-Dûm and Harlond ... Each one of those places that we visit, we grow wiser in thought and deed. Everything had led to this moment we shall meet King Elendil the fair, "said Jon excitedly.

"Indeed.. on that Jon.. do you know where our journey will take us next?" Loras asked, confused.

"What are you talking about, Loras?" Jon asked.

"Yes, our journey has led us to these shores, but Lord Manwë has only revealed that we must find the Faithful and I haven't the faintest idea what to do next ... Do you?" Asked the Knight of Flowers, confused, but his words rang true Jon didn't know of the journey at hand ... beyond meeting King Elendil.

"Loras is right; Lord Manwë and Lord Ulmo's instructions were to seek out the Faithful ... But they didn't say anything else, except that we would grow mighty under the tutelage of the Lords of Westernesse." Robar said with certainty.

"You're right, Loras, the journey that lay before us is long ... The Valar haven't revealed all of their schemes," Jon said with some regret.

"So what shall we do?" Loras asked.

"I don't know ... I would wager we shall find out very soon ... The Valar wanted us to be here, with these people ... I'm certain that they shall wish for us to serve them as best we can," Jon said, fully confident in the wisdom of the Valar ... And hoping to correctly interpret their intentions.

"Truly?" Loras asked.

"Yes, I don't know what the future holds for us, Loras, but we are very, very far from our homeland, my friends ... But we chose to be here in the first place; we prepare ourselves in body, mind and spirit for this. ... I'm certain the Valar know that we will know what to do when the moment comes ", said Jon looking at Loras with a serene smile.

"Well said brother" said the third son of Highgarden, deciding to trust Jon's wisdom.

"Very well ... let us see what the lords of Westernesse wish of us," Robar said, sighing as he hoped that Jon wasn't wrong.