Chapter 29: Battle of Azanulbizar

A week had passed since Sansa had escaped from King's Landing and had remained in her cabin without leaving it since she was sick, sick with fear and dizziness ... She couldn't keep anything in her stomach, and it even cost her sleep because she was afraid that Littlefinger would try something with her although she knew that if he had wanted it, he could have taken her from the first night. He knows that her marriage was not consummated, so he must need her to remain a virgin for some of his schemes, but she was afraid to dream; for the first three days, Sansa tried to search for Nienna, but instead, she was greeted by the sight of Joffrey clasping his hands around his neck, tearing the skin at his throat, and dying with pieces of pie on his lips and wine stains on his doublet. And the wind howling through the rigging reminded him of the hideous high-pitched sound he'd made trying to breathe. Sometimes she also dreamed of Tyrion, the husband she left to his fate.

In all that time when she visited, Sansa would ask Littlefinger for news about Tyrion.

"He didn't do anything wrong; he always treated me well," he once said to Littlefinger when he went to see her in her cabin to inquire about her health.

"Indeed, he did not kill Joffrey, but you cannot say that his hands were clean. Did you know that he had another wife before you? "

"Yes, he told me."

"He also told you that when he got bored with it, he gave her to his father's guard? Perhaps he would have done the same to you when he had grown tired of the marriage. So don't shed a tear for the Imp, my lady." Baelish said with a rueful smirk

"No, I will not, but I will not believe in anything you tell me, Petyr Baelish, now I know who you really are, and you will not deceive me again I know that somehow, I will escape you I know I know that I will meet my sister too and together we will travel to find our brother Jon, and he will protect us and if the gods are good and give me the opportunity I'll ask him to get rid of you," Sansa thought with some hope.

"I understand, my Lord, you are right," Sansa said in a courteous tone and began a new embroidery, she worked late into the night, and when fatigue overcame her, she decided to sleep.

Sansa didn't know how long she had slept, but she woke up when she felt the cold wooden floor on her face, the boat was rocking violently, and for once, Sansa decided to leave her cabin ... and immediately wished she hadn't.

The sky was flashing, and a deluge like arrows; the ocean was restless and ferocious, each wave hit the galley with such force that it seemed the ship would capsize under the strain. Sansa tried to take a step, but she tripped and fell through the water; at that moment, she felt someone's hands holding her helping her stand up.

"You are fine, my Lady" Sansa wiped the water from her face and realized that it was Ser Lothor Brune.

"Yes, thank you, Ser; where is Lord Baelish?" Sansa asked.

"In his cabin, he would not go out with this storm... You should do the same, come back," He said, concerned.

"Thank you, Ser ... Watch out!" Sansa shouted to warn the knight when one of the sailors drew his scimitar and ran for the lifeboat, which caused the knight to lose sight of Sansa to chase the thief; he tried to escape by throwing himself into one of the boats, but at that moment the ship was hit by a great wave, and the blow was so decisive that Sansa fell to the ground and due to the humidity and how soaked she was, she slid smoothly to the other end where she hit her head and was somewhat stunned by the blow.

He started to stand up while listening to Ser Lothor Brune's distant voice when the ship received another blow, and this time Sansa could not help it. He fell over the rail just into the boat that the thief of the sword of Ser Lothor tried to use; at that moment, the ropes broke, and Sansa fell into the sea where she felt the cold water all over her body, but the boat resisted and began to move away from the galley that was still being attacked by the sea.