Chapter 34: A maidens reflection and a dragons return

Harlond a month prior

"JON!" They screamed, all horrified as they saw the young knight jump into the sea and ran to the window, but their horror turned to shock as a great whirlpool swallowed him.

"Do you think he's alive?" Loras asked in horror.

"That bastard better come back... Or I'll kill him myself" Robar said about to collapse.

"No ..." Daenerys said, falling to the ground and breaking into tears. Before being embraced by her equally distraught mother.

"This is my fault ... I caused this, it was not the time nor place ... I'm so foolish" The dowager queen cursed herself.

"My white wolf ..." Said Arianne her heart consumed by grief.

Rhaenys, on the other hand, was shocked, she had slept with her half-brother, she had given him her virginity ... And she had come to love him only to lose him when he found out about his lineage. She was in shock, she didn't think, didn't move, she was just ... remembering all the moments she spent in Jon's arms.

Sansa and Arya were in a similar situation to Rhaenys as they had just discovered that Jon was not their brother but their cousin, he was the son of their aunt Lyanna with Rhaegar Targaryen the man who kidnapped her and raped her or was it so? They no longer knew what to believe, the story in the north was that their aunt was abducted by Prince Rhaegar a year after he crowned her Queen of Love and Beauty thus insulting her betrothed, Robert Baratheon, planting the seed of what was later Robert's Rebellion that ended the Targaryen Dynasty, yet their aunt Lyanna died, and father never spoke of her ... Now they knew why.

Lyanna had birthed Rhaegar a son, Jon, and they knew of the cruelty of the southern lords had they gleaned Jon's true parentage, he would have died as soon as their father ventured out of the Dornish Marches killed by sycophants who hoped to earn the favour of the new king.

If there was one thing Sansa and Arya were sure of it was that ... Their aunt was not abducted nor was she raped ... She left with Rhaegar of her own volition, and knowing that did not make them feel much better, they remembered the cruel treatment Jon suffered at the hands of their mother, Catelyn Tully-Stark, as the only stain upon Lord Stark's honour... And now they discover that that was not the case, his father took his nephew a Targaryen Prince into his home, not his bastard son, so all the spite and cruelty inflicted upon Jon was for nothing.

The Stark sisters did not know whether to laugh or cry at this discovery.

However, of all the Ladies of Westeros, the worst one was Ashara Dayne, she ... She ... loved Jon, loved him so much it ached. And Ashara, believing him lost, began to remember how that transpired, how she had been bewitched by another wolf of the north:

When he and his friends saved Shiera and her from those pirates, she for a moment thought she saw a ghost ... Her sweet Ned had come back from the dead to save her, but she quickly realized that this was not her sweet Ned. He had been falsely executed for treason and yet that young man ... He was too much like Ned, who was he? was the question she asked herself while the young knight fought Heraklion and his pirates.

After the pirates were slain, Ashara had learned that this young man was the bastard son of her sweet Ned. Jon could be his twin the same charming smile, the same ferocity, he indeed was Eddard's son, except for his eyes those enchanting lilac eyes that were a darker shade than her own they glittered like the break of dawn she had seen those eyes before but Ashara didn't remember to whom they belonged, but she had little time to speak with him as they were whisked away to Essos.

At the time she felt a great deal of resentment towards the bastard remembering Ned's cruel rejection after his marriage to that bitching Trout stating that he could not dishonour his wife by taking a lover or a mistress. Yet he had a bastard with another woman ... And took the child to Winterfell, raising him as a trueborn son.