Chapter 48

Nervousness fills me as I sit in the hairstylists chair. Sophia is next to me reading a newspaper that has me on the cover.

Biggest wedding in the history of America! Rocco Merano finally found the woman to marry and she comes from a rival gang. Who would have thought anyone would want to marry that cold man. Stay tuned on live tonight for their wedding.

I don't get how Rocco is Okay with being all over the news. I hate it already and this is my first time even being in the headline. He's the most powerful man in the world so they treat him like a celebrity, but I hate that now everyone knows me as his wife. "I'm so nervous." I say fumbling with my hands as the woman behind me curls my hair.

"Of course you are! My sister in law is getting married to "The hottest" Guy in the world." She rolls her eyes at the hottest part indicating that's what the article said about him. "Don't be too nervous though. I've seen the way my brother has been looking at you lately." She smiles raising a suggestive brow.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"It means I'm not so sure this wedding is as fake as it was supposed to be." She smirks as she sets down her newspaper. "I catch my brother smiling at little things you do. My brother never smiles Alessandra."

My eyes lower to my folded hands. As of yesterday I confessed to my best friend that I'm falling for the enemy. I have no idea if he feels the same though. When he's not gone for months we barely about anything other than business. Rocco rarely shows affection unless he's turned on.

"I actually am falling for him." My voice is low, but Sophia manages to hear every word. She bounces up in her seat almost getting her hair cut off by the man behind her.

"Oh shit sorry." She apologizes. "I fucking new it." She squeals and smiles so brightly at me.

"Soph don't tell him Okay, I want to tell him myself." I raise and eyebrow. She smiles harder and puts her hands up in surrender.

"I would never do something like that." She picks her newspaper back up and reads again. Then tears start to fill her eyes. "I'm glad my brother is finally able to find happiness. This mafia life hasn't treated him good at all." She sniffs.

My eyes widen as I reach out to console her. Then I bite my lip as reality hits me again. I'm getting married to Rocco Merano in less than 24 hours. Once the woman finishes my hair she turns me towards the mirror. My eyes widen at how gorgeous I look. My curls are tight and perfect. They compliment the frame of my face perfectly.

Sophia gawks at me. "Damn my brother is a lucky fella." She winks jokingly and I laugh right along with her. "Okay now time for makeup." She grabs Rocco's card that he gave to us out of her purse and hands it to the lady at the front desk.

Once she pays we walk out of the hair salon. One of Rocco's guards not far behind us. She pulls out her phone and opens her maps. "Luckily the woman isn't far from here. We should be back in time for you to prepare for everything at home" She adds.

Nodding we head to the car that Rocco's driver is in. Once we get in he drives off down the street to our makeup artist.

__________

Sitting there looking at myself in the mirror I try to shake my nerves. If this was still an arrangement I wouldn't even be this nervous to be getting married to Rocco. Once the makeup artist finished with my makeup we imidiately drove to the wedding venue.

When I stepped inside I couldn't help but gawk at how huge it is. Rocco really put a lot of time into planning this out. The venue is even in my favorite color. Green. Aurora was there to lead me to my dressing room where I'm supposed to be getting ready in. Which is also very huge.