Chapter 38

Rocco and I sit down in the booth next to a man and a woman who seem to be a couple. "Hello, nice to meet you. I'm Eddie and this is my woman for tonight Gisselle."

The man next to Rocco says holding out his hand to me. "Hello," I say taking his hand.

"Rocco and I met a couple of years ago. We have a rocky relationship, but I guess you could consider us friends." He smiles.

"I wouldn't consider this walking sex addict a friend." Rocco glares at him and the man smiles.

"Mean as always huh Rocco." The man stands out of his seat. "I'm gonna go bring us all some drinks. It's on me tonight." He walks away towards the bar. Olivia sits down across from us.

"So when did you get into town Rocco?" Olivia asks. The way she's talking to him bothers me. If they've slept together, I don't want to find out later on after letting them talk.

"A few days ago. I'm here for business, but I won't be here long." He keeps his answer short and I'm glad. Suddenly he rests his hand on my thigh. He's so bold in public. Trying not to make it obvious I smile.

"So how did you two meet in high school?" I ask shifting in my seat.

"Well, both of our families were in the mafia so we were natural-born enemies. However, I never believed in violence and would annoy him until he became friends with me." She smiles.

"It's hard to believe he didn't kill you on the spot, but you two were fairly young." Maybe if he and I went to high school together it would be different.

"I wasn't as gruesome back then as I am now." He crosses his arms and leans back.

"As I'm getting to know you I've been treated so gently lately." Except for the occasional argument, Rocco has never beaten me, yelled me into submission, tortured me for not doing what he says, nor forced me into sex. Things that most mafia men make their women do.

He brings his lip down to my ear and whispers. "That's because you are my woman and you won't be treated as less than by anyone, not even me." As the words hit my ears I feel my entire body run hot. He snakes his hand around my waist and I smile.

"Alright, love birds." Eddie comes back over with a big tray of alcohol. He sets it down on the table in front of us. "Time to get to drinking"

_________

Once I get to my 5th or so shot I realize that I may have gone overboard. Eddie and Olivia were ranting the entire night about who has done the most insane shit being in the mafia. I would have to go with Olivia. She was able to not only seduce the mafia lord but get him to give her his most precious item and kill him all in one day. That's a skill.

My eyes fall on Rocco who's been quiet the entire time. Except for occasional comments. He also hasn't drunk more than a glass of whiskey. "Rocco you haven't drunk much. Are you tired?" I question.

His eyes meet mine as he shakes his head. "No. Someone has to stay sober just in case something happens." He caresses my arm.

"Shit sorry. I completely forgot." Biting my bottom lip my eyes droop a bit from the alcohol.

"I've got you so have as much fun as you want." He says.

"Rocco, can you come help me get some more drinks?" Eddie asks. Rocco sighs and gets out of his seat. The loss of his hand on my waist causes me to shiver.

"Alright, but make it quick." He follows Eddie over to the bar. Olivia moves over to where I am. She rests her drunk head in her hands.

"So what's it like being with my most powerful man in the world?" She smirks. "Any fun bedtime stories. He must be amazing in bed." She adds.