Chapter 47

"Shh" Rocco puts his finger up to my lip as we listen out for people in the hallway. It's quiet, but his guards are one step behind. Rocco has my back to the wall as he towers over me. He leans over making sure the coast is clear. He looks down giving me a look.

It's too quiet. Way too quiet. Have they already eveacuated this place taking my father with them. Rocco rounds the corner and I follow close behind him. Our footsteps are soft and calculated. His men make sure to keep distance away from each other not applying too much pressure on the floor.

Rocco stops halfway down the hallway and turns his head to us. He puts his finger on his lips telling them to listen. We finally start to hear footsteps. Not a lot, but enough. Getting into this building wasn't the hard part. It was coming in and trying to figure out where everyone was.

Natalie of course didn't tip us off. Why would I even think that, she's my best friend. She cares more about my safety than money.

Someone jumps out and starts firing their gun. Rocco quickly grabs me and pulls me behind a corner shielding me with his body. "Rocco." Scolding him for risking his life like that I glare.

"Keeping you safe is my first priority. Now start shooting." Rocco leans out and fires two shots. "Fuck." He says as he misses.

Once I peak out I aim my gun right at the man. "Lucky shot." I say before pulling the trigger. The bullet flies across the room and right into the mans head. It goes right through him leaving a hold in his forehead. My eyes widen and I just hope I never have to get used to that.

Rocco leads me down another hallway. "While my guards fight off those men we need to find Marco." Rocco says. "Now that he knows where we are he's going to run."

Nodding I follow Rocco as we check every room down the hallway. As Rocco checks the last room a flight of stairs catches my attention. When I tap him he looks at me. "He might be up there." I whisper.

Rocco and I make our way up the stairs. We aren't met with more rooms though. It's just a long hallway with one door. This has got to be Marco's little lair. I can't wait to put a bullet right into him.

Rocco gets on one side of the door and I get on the other. Then he opens it. As soon as he does a bullet comes through. Someone is in there shooting at us. "Marco may have left me to die! But trust me when I say I won't let you kill me either." the man screams.

"That's Marco's right hand man. We need him alive." Rocco says to me across the door.

"Stop talking." The man screams and another shot fires off at us.

"Listen if you come out and give us the information we want you can walk free." Rocco shouts into the room.

"Do you think I'm fucking dumb? I know you aren't going to let me walk. Who has given you information that I know is alive right now? No one!." The guy shoots again. If only we weren't trying to keep him alive this would be so much easier. We could just take him out and be done with this. Except he isn't Marco and that's who we came here for.

"Fine then. Let's do this the hard way. Rocco shoots his gun closer to the ground. The man screams in pain. When we both peak over there's a would in his hand and the gun has been dropped.

Rocco runs over to him and I keep my gun aimed. Rocco throws a punch landing it straight into the man's face. He dodges the second punch and tries to hit Rocco, but Rocco is too fast. He stops the punch and lands another one into the mans stomach. The man lets out a whoosh noise from his mouth.

A gun shot hits the walls and my eyes widen. Both of their guns are on the ground so the shot had to come from. Peaking out I see two men aiming straight for Rocco. Fuck! Leaning against the wall I shoot at them. Hitting one guy in his leg as he falls to the floor. The other guy gets behind a wall and then starts aiming at me.