Chapter 12

I have no idea what's scarier! The fact that I just hurt a man, or that I have no regrets about doing it. I watched Rocco tear that man's ear up and all I could think was that he deserved it. He deserved to get his ear ripped off because he ripped me from my home. I may not have had the best family, but it was something.

Then when Rocco held my face and called me his fiancee something fluttered. It's those damn grey eyes. They do something to me. Make me want them on me all day. Just watching me do anything and everything. He called me sexy and I have to admit I liked it.

Maybe I play hard to get, but I could look into those eyes of his all day.

Standing in the kitchen I watch his father and his mother cooking together. I've never been able to watch my parents together. My dad's never even dated a woman after my mother died. It's just been me, him, and my uncle. That is until they both disappeared.

It's funny how even a mafia couple has their happy moments. Will I ever be like that? Of course, I won't. When I signed a contract with the devil himself I gave up my right to find true love.

"Are you two done down there." His mother turns to me with a weary smile.

"Yes." I nod and get out of my seat. Honestly, I expected a worse reaction from his parents. My mind was made up that they wouldn't allow him to help me, nor would they allow me to live knowing so much about them.

Just knowing where they come to torture people would have been enough for them to kill me. I can't let my guard down now.

Slowly I make my way up the stairs. One step at a time my eye catches the dark wallpaper on the hallway walls. Symbols mixed with words like 'Bound by blood, honor, and loyalty.'

His parents must have been strict about him ever having thoughts of leaving the mafia. Even if he tried to outside forces would have targeted him without his family to back him up. I couldn't imagine leaving the most powerful mafia in the world.

When I reach the hallway, the door is open a fraction of an inch. Do I go in? Or do I just knock? He won't mind if I just barge in right? It's not like he has anything impressive for me to see.

Opening the door, I walk into the room. Rocco is in the middle of pulling off his shirt. It clings to his arms as he turns towards me. Our eyes connect for a second, but I find my eyes traveling down his body. Ink covers his entire backside along with his arms.

So many symbols cover his body. I wonder what they all mean? He turns towards me as he finishes getting his shirt off. My mouth hangs a little slack. My eyes scan from his arms to the length of his chest. Larger tattoos cover them. Almost hiding his large eight pack that flexes with every movement.

Unlike all the other tattoos these have color to them. One that catches my eyes is a tattoo of a woman. She's young and beautiful. Long brown hair, blue eyes, and a contagious smile. The name above her head is Violet Lazzarotto. I've never heard of that name before and I know a lot of people. She doesn't look familiar either.

Holy shit though! This guy looks like a Greek God. Or should I say Italian God? Snaping myself out of the trans I look away from him.

"S-sorry. I should have knocked first." I mutter regretting not thinking before opening the door. I should have just went with my gut about not opening it.

His footsteps tap against the floor as he inches closer to me. Why in the world is he walking closer. If anything I want to get as far away from him as possible.

He cups my face and forces me to look up at him. "You're my fiancee. Don't be ashamed to look at what belongs to you." His eyes travel down to my lips and my face turns red.