Chapter 4

"W-what!" I stutter. Did I hear correctly? The world's largest Mafia leader wants to help me save my father! I stand up straighter and his eyes focus intently on my movements. What's with this guy and his gaze. It does weird things to me.

"I said that I want to save your father. Don't misunderstand though, I need him in order to keep the balance." He says. I try not to let the tears fill my eyes. "So you're going to save him." My voice cracks.

"Yes." The chair scrapes against the floor as he stands up. My head hangs as I stare at the floor. The wind from his body blows a string of my hair out of my face. I feel his warm fingers caress my chin as he pinches it. He forces my head up and our eyes connect.

He's like a fierce animal looking at his prey. I've seen a lot of men, but none can compare to him. He could make me submit to any of his commands with just the right amount of dominance in his eyes.

"I still have to punish you first Alesandra. You did try to kill me after all." His eyes travel down to my wrists. Is he going to tie me up? That actually sounds nic-! Why the hell am I excited about that? I really need to calm these weird thoughts.

His eyes lock on something behind me. He lets his hand drop and I follow his line of sight. A beautiful red-headed woman walks into the room. She's tall, but not as tall as Rocco. Her high-heeled boots reach up to her calf and she glares at me. Her straight red hair moves as she runs a hand through them. Her lips smack together to show off her red lipstick. What is she a supermodel?

This must be his girlfriend. Although I didn't take him as the type to date a woman like her. He looks like he's more into a woman who wears all black with piercings. She's wearing a red leather jacket with leather pants.

"Vick take her to the chamber room." He says in a serious tone. Yet his face doesn't change from emotionless. What is the chamber room? I hope he's not going to torture me.

She grabs my arm and I wince, man is she strong. She glares down at me. I guess no one would be happy that I tried to kill their boss. After all, he is their protection. We walk down three halls with multiple doors. How many rooms does Rocco need? It's like a never-ending mansion.

Each door has a green snake that's rolled around a light brown skull. Flowers cover the background of the skill. The snake's fangs ooze a green substance I can only imagine is venom. I've never picked my mafia code name yet, but if I could it would be Venom. It's perfect!

I doze out as she leads me to some kind of room. Once I finally hear a door open I look up. There is a bed in the corner and a small window. Red curtains cover the bright sun threatening to shine through. A black comforter covers the entire bed making the room darker. A small dresser stands at the side of the bed. It's white and the only bright color in the room. Other than those there isn't much. Is he trying to lock me up in here?

"You will be here for an entire day as punishment for trying to kill my boss." She glares. I walk into the room and look around. "He won't kill me will he?" I ask.

"No. He will be up here tomorrow. Do what you want in confinement." She rolls her eyes and slams the door. I jump up at the loud bang it makes. The door is made of thick metal. He really doesn't want me to run away. I don't trust him yet, but I need him to find my father.

I'll do whatever it takes to get him back. Ive already lost my uncle. I won't lose him too.

I turn towards the bed and sit down. "What am I supposed to do in this boring room?" Just as the words leave my mouth the door creaks open.

Looking up I see a woman walk in with a tray of food. I hadn't noticed at first, but her face is badly beaten. She has a bruise on one of her eyes and a busted lip. Who did that to her? My hands start to shake and I grab them to stop it.