Chapter 33

Looking up at Rocco I smile. "What are you doing?" When I question him he looks up at me.

"Changing your bandage. Your wound may not have been that deep, but we don't want it to get infected." He concentrates on my arm. Seems very out of character for a guy who's cold and cruel. "What the fuck were you thinking jumping in front of that bullet like that." He furrows his brow.

Technically I wasn't thinking. Rocco has an entire mafia to run. A family who loves him. He shouldn't die at the hands of someone like Marco. Someone who doesn't have any one to love him. "I wasn't." Lowering my eyes to his hands I watch as he finishes up on my arm. "Didn't think you would be worried about me Rocco."

His eyes meet mine and he frowns. "Zucchero you are my fiancée now. No one is to mess with you as long as you're with me or its direct disrespect to my family's name. My family cares about you now none of us wants you to die. Especially not Sophia."

Biting my bottom lip I take in his words. "What happened to the fake Marco." Shifting I try to change the subject. I'm not used to Rocco showing me his soft side and I don't want to be.

"He's in the torture room. His feet are in acid for laying his hands on my woman." Rocco glares. Then he stands up. "Are you good to move around?" He questions.

Sitting up I try to ignore the slight sting in my arm. "Yes." My eyes widen when his arm snakes around my waist.

"I'm going to hold you up just in case." He gazes down at me as I slide off of the bed.

"My arm got grazed Rocco not my entire body." Looking up at him I raise a brow. He knows I don't like to be treated like I can't do anything for myself.

"I'll let you go Zucchero when we leave the room if it makes you feel better." Nodding I let him walk with me until we get to the door. He let's me go as he opens it and I walk out of the room.

As we start to walk down the hallways I look around realizing there are more guards around than normal. "What's going on with the Guards?"

He glances at me before speaking. "I needed more security. I'll be going away again for business and I need you to be safe."

Furrowing my brow I slow my pace. "Why can I never go with you on these business trips? I thought you were done keeping me out of your family secrets?" Questioning I cross my arms as we walk.

"It's not that.." He pauses then speaks again. "Do you want to come with me?" He asks.

Well I didn't expect him to agree to that so easily. Guess I can rule out him seeing another woman on these trips out. "Isn't it obvious Rocco."

He stops in front of the basement door and turns towards me. "Fine I'm bringing you on this trip. Make sure you pack a lot of stuff." He opens the door and then walks down the stairs. Following him with a satisfied smile.

The fake Marco comes into view. He hasn't been touched yet, besides his feet. Rocco actually put the man's feet in acid. His entire foot is melting off slowly. The man has dry tears on his face and he has seems to be passes out. Rocco is known for being terrifying, but I've never seen him go this far with his torturing.

My uncle did a little pulling of teeth and stabbing. Nothing like melting someone's skin off though. As well deserved as it is it's just a reminder that I'm lucky that I'm not on his bad side.

He glares at the man in the seat. "How dare he try to get any sleep. The nerves in his feet may be very damaged now, but there are other places I can make him feel pain." Rocco announces picking up a saw.

He lowers the saw to the mans hand and starts cutting it. The saw goes deep into his skin as blood squirts all over him. Not being close enough for it to get onto my skin I back up just a little. I'm going to leave the torturing today all up to Rocco. Honestly I'm not angry enough to actually torture someone.