6

Chapter 6: Delicious Potatoes
Under the scorching sun, Song Yi, who was wearing a gray uniform and a sun hat, held a large potato in both hands, and his eyes were full of shock and excitement: "It only took 5 days to mature, and it has grown so big..."

When Guan Yu said that he planted potatoes, Song Yi's first reaction was that it was impossible.

It has only been five days, and the potato seeds that can survive in the botanical research institute have only just grown seedlings, how can they already bear fruit?

But at the moment the heavy potatoes in his hand are the best proof of this.

Nong Jiamao pushed his glasses, struggled to lift a potato seedling, and found that nearly ten large potatoes had fallen from the root. In terms of the number of pounds, the potatoes grown by Guan Yu produce 10 times that of them.

All the seeds survived, shortened the growth period, and greatly increased the yield, but if any of them were accomplished, Guan Yu did it all effortlessly in just 5 days.

The two looked at each other, and they both saw doubt in each other's eyes: Guan Yu can turn the impossible into a possibility, and there must be something strange in this.

What is it? Could it be that Guan Yu secretly mastered what planting technology? Or are all these potato seedlings genetically mutated?

The two were meditating, and the glutinous rice dumpling-like sugar candy child trotted out of the room excitedly, and called out from a distance: "Grandpa, uncle, I want to eat potatoes!" Let's

taste it first, can the potatoes grown in 5 days be eaten?

The two got up and walked to the room, and before they went far, they found a special aroma in the air, sweet and starchy, much more fragrant than the potatoes in the institute.

This tastes no worse! Song Yi's heart was surging, and he hurriedly quickened his pace.

Guan Yu was taking out two large potatoes from the kettle and placing them on the clean table, and saw the two busy and enthusiastically greeting: "Come and taste." There

are no luxury items such as kitchenware and tableware in the official store of Drew Star, and knives are also included in the category of weapons and are not allowed. Guan Yu, who had no tools, was in a hurry, put the washed potatoes into a kettle and cook them, and then peeled them when they were eaten.

——All thanks to the strong Greater China foodie gene in his blood.

The potatoes have already cooled in advance, and now it is just the temperature for the mouth. Guan Yu beckoned the two to do it themselves, and he helped the little baby who couldn't wait to skin it first.

Sugar Candy sat on the chair in good manners, holding the powdery little face to watch his father's movements intently, and his small mouth couldn't help swallowing saliva several times.

Cooked potatoes are good to peel and a large piece falls off with a flick of your finger. Guan Yu broke a small piece of potato for the baby to hold, worried that he would rub on his clothes and put a towel under his chin.

Sugar Candy grinned, revealing a small row of neat little baby teeth, "Ahhhh" took a bite, his mouth just moved twice, and his big glass-like eyes suddenly widened even rounder: "Dad!" It's delicious! The

baby's cheeks bulged like hamsters, and they ate deliciously. Song Yi and Nong Jiamao were also curious about the taste of potatoes, and did not politely peel off the skin and divided half of the potatoes by one person, and couldn't wait to bite them.

As soon as the fluffy and smooth potatoes touch the tip of the tongue, they immediately spread, just the right sweetness will not get greasy, and the milky aroma fills the entire mouth.

It was so delicious. Song Yi and Nong Jiamao only had this one thought in their minds, and they didn't have the heart to think about anything else.

There was an instant silence in the living room, only the sound of chewing one after another.

Guan Yu also felt that the potato tasted sweet, fragrant and soft, and was even more delicious than what he had eaten in the 21st century. It's white boiled monotonous, if you can cut it into thin slices and fry it with chili salt later, then the taste...

Guan Yu thought to himself, Chili had to be arranged as soon as possible.

Because Song Yi has eaten a lot of ancient earth food because of his research, but he has never been so unrestrained as today, he ate half a large potato into his stomach before stopping, and only after eating did he feel that he couldn't hold on.

Guan Yu quickly brought warm water and put it in his hand, for fear that he would choke.

After drinking half a cup of warm water, Song Yi wiped his mouth with a tissue and spoke: "Xiao Guan, the price we talked about before was 50 star dollars a potato, and now this price is not suitable." I'll give out 300 star coins a piece, and take them all away, can you see? "

300 SGM a piece?!

Guan Yu almost choked on the piece of potato that he didn't swallow in his throat when he heard this, and quickly began to calculate mentally: he planted a total of 20 potato seedlings, one plant bore ten fruits, 20*10*300, that is 60,000 star coins!

The cost of potato seeds is only 400 stars, and farming is too good to earn, right?

Nong Jiamao on the side also understood the account, his face became not very good-looking, he pushed his eyes, glanced at Guan Yu, and leaned into Song Yi's ear to whisper a reminder: "Elder Song, our funds..."
Although
the Botanical Research Institute collects fruits at a high price, the money paid is from research funds, and the recovered fruits are also used for research, and secondary sales are not allowed.

The research energy of the whole institute of the Imperial Academy of Agricultural Sciences is on gene grafting of new plants, the concept of the Institute of Botany to cultivate ancient earth plants is contrary to the superiors, the annual research funds have been repeatedly deducted by the superiors, and this year's 3 million star coins have only arrived at 300,000, and 60,000 star coins are spent at once, which is too much.

Song Yi naturally understood what Comrade Xiaopei was worried about, but he felt that 300 star coins were less.

He has studied ancient earth plants for many years and knows the information inside out. The potato grown by Galaxy Company using unique technology is 200 star coins, which is only one-third the size of Yu's potato, and the taste is far worse.

He felt that Guan Yu's potatoes were worth at least 600 stars, but the institute had limited funds, so he could only raise the price to 300 stars, hoping that Guan Yu could sell more to them for research.

If the research on potato fruits can discover planting techniques and apply them to other plants, will the research institute that has achieved outstanding results still have no research funds?

He shook his head slightly quietly, signaling Nong Jiamao not to mention it again, and then looked at Guan Yu, but he was very apprehensive in his heart, worried that Guan Yu said that his bid was too low to sell.

Guan Yu saw the muttering appearance of Song Yi and Nong Jiamao, and thought of the dilapidated building of the Botanical Research Institute, so he guessed that they should be a little nervous in their hands.

With a quick decision in his heart, he swallowed the last bite of potatoes, wiped his mouth and smiled: "Elder Song, you don't need to raise the price, I still sell it to you one by one for 50 star coins, you can buy as much as you need, you don't have to accept it all." When

the words fell, Nong Jiamao's action of eating potatoes stopped; Song Yi's old face blurted out with surprise, "How can that work!" Can't take advantage of you like this!

Guan Yu smiled helplessly: "Don't worry, in exchange, you teach me how to use potato fruit germination to make seeds, is this okay?" "

Potatoes are asexually propagated, and they can be made into seeds by germinating from tuber fruits and continue to be planted. Guan Yu wanted to use this excuse to sell personal favors to Song Yi, and he could consult them more in the future.

These potatoes taste so good, they must not worry about selling. He is not in a hurry to earn the 60,000 star coins, make potato seeds as soon as possible, and further expand the scale and yield of planting is the key.

Song Yi did not agree at first, it is not difficult to germinate and make seeds, and it is not worth anything to teach it. He insisted that even if he didn't buy all the potatoes, he would buy them for 300 stars each. Guan Yu talked to him for a long time, and finally persuaded him with the reason that "at the beginning, he said that 50 star coins could not change".

Song Yi sighed, with an expression that couldn't help Guan Yu, and nodded, "That."That's it, it's not just potatoes, feel free to contact us if you encounter problems in the future.

Guan Yuxi smiled and said, "Don't hide from you, I have a problem now."

Song Yi replied, "I know everything."

"You shouldn't be living and working on Drew Star for a short time, right?"

"yes... It's been 30 years and hasn't left. Song Yi replied with some emotion.

Sure enough, after many years, Guan Yu was overjoyed in his heart and hurriedly asked: "According to the growth rate of potatoes, the scale of planting will expand rapidly, and at the same time, I will definitely have to find someone to help plant, supervise, and sell." I wonder if these comply with Drewstar regulations?

For Guan Yu, planting 20 potato seedlings is not a problem, planting 200 plants takes some effort, and it is very difficult to reach 2,000 plants. Once the potatoes are harvested in 5 days, the planting scale will quickly double and double, and it is unrealistic for him to work alone to farm the land.

Guan Yu searched for information on the Star Internet, carefully read the Dru Xing introduction manual, and did not find the specific regulations of Dru Xing in this regard, so he asked Song Yi for help.

Song Yi thought intently and replied, "There are no specific regulations for these things. Drew Star is a waste star in the galaxy, it is at the edge of the galaxy, and it does not have any mineral resources and energy, so there is no human habitation after the Great Migration, and no local government has been established. It was only 50 years ago that the imperial government introduced rough regulations on forced labor, and there were no more detailed ones.

If the rules don't say no, if you do it, it's not a violation. Planting is encouraged by government support, and there is no problem with scaling up, so don't worry. As for the manpower problem, there are two solutions: one is to recruit workers, find humans to help you, as long as there is money, someone will definitely come; The other is to use tools, such as robots, automated machinery and equipment, which will be more efficient. The

recruitment of workers was exactly the same as Guan Yu expected, but he did not expect to use robots and automated machinery and equipment? It's not sold in the official store of Drewstar!

"Of course it won't be sold in stores, because ordinary people can't use it." Song Yi deliberately cleared his throat and gave Nong Jiamao a look, who got up and went to close the door, not forgetting to close the curtains and turn on the light.

Sugar Candy didn't understand why the atmosphere suddenly changed, and reached out with some fear to let his father hug. Guan Yu let him sit on his lap and hugged him tightly.

Under the warm yellow light, Song Yi's wrinkled face looked very mysterious, and he said softly: "There is a person in D28 who is particularly proficient in machinery, and he got the automatic control system of the Botanical Research Institute, sprinkler irrigation equipment, etc., and he also assembled a household robot for us."

"He also assembles robots?" Guan Yu's spirit flashed, and he immediately remembered the robot he had painstakingly brought Dru Xing, and moved forward holding the sugar candy, and his tone was eager, "Then will he repair the robot?" The

author has something to say: Tang Shaoan: I've been lying in a hospital bed for five days, and you finally think of robots.