78. Mrs Zabini?

Almost exactly 90 minutes after Astra came up with her brilliant idea, everyone was seated waiting for the ceremony to begin.

Everything had come together so well. Sirius and Severus arrived back about 15 minutes ago with Professor McGonagall in tow and a marriage licence from the Ministry. Severus was not happy as the Ministry official thought the licence was for the two men and gushed about how sweet of a couple they made.

Narcissa, Andromeda, and Remus had turned the hall into an exquisite ceremony. There were chairs with white covers at either side of the room and a white roll of fabric as an aisle in the middle. There were white roses and lilies everywhere and there was even an arch at the end of the aisle for the couple to stand under.

Betsy had delivered a cake which made everyone drool. It was four layers with white icing and edible flowers to decorate. Astra had no idea how she managed it in such a short space of time but she did. Mr Parkinson was sat in the corner with a piano, guitar, and violin among other instruments getting ready to play the wedding march.

There were nibbles sat on the table in the back corner and champagne and Firewhiskey set up as a makeshift bar. The room was dimly lit with floating enchanted candles and everything looked perfect.

The whole Weasley clan had arrived and sat on Maddi's side with Harry as Narcissa, Andromeda, Remus, Sirius, Severus, Teddy, Pansy, and Theo sat at the other side all glammed up. Professor McGonagall was smiling as she stood under the archway. She looked extremely happy and Astra wondered if she had already been on the sherry.

Astra wore a silver silk slip dress and silver heels with her hair all pinned up and off her face. Pansy had done her makeup and hair for her. Pansy's dress was the same in a deep green colour.

But Maddi's dress was the stuff of fairy tales. It was a laced bodice with small straps and then a full tulle skirt. Along the bottom were small embroidered Celtic pattern that match her veil. Under the lace on her bodice was the same design in very small print. She always said she wanted to bring the luck of the Irish to her wedding. And Astra delivered.

Astra handed Maddi a bouquet of roses from the garden which were shaved, so no thorns stuck out and wrapped in a silk ribbon. Her hair was in full curls down her back and her makeup was sitting to perfection. She looked radiant.

"OK, I better go and take my seat," Astra smiled as did one last fix of the veil.

"What do you mean?" Maddi shook her head. "You can't leave. You are my maid of honour. You are walking ahead of us."

Astra bit her lip. "Are...are you sure?"

"Look what you did for me and Blaise. Of course, I am sure. He has Draco standing next to him. I want you next to me. You're my best friend, of course you are my bridesmaid. Don't be ridiculous."

Astra thought she might cry so she quickly hugged Maddi as Esme conjured a bouquet for Astra to hold. She smiled and turned as the doors opened and the music started. She began to walk slowly, focusing on Draco and not taking her eyes off him as she headed down the aisle. She got butterflies imagining what it would be like when she and Draco were married.

She pictured him in a Tux with Blaise and Theo by his side. Standing looking up as he was now, waiting for his bride. She would be in a white gown and veil and maybe their little bundle of joy would be with them. There would be a room full of people there to help them celebrate. Family and friends and colleagues. Severus would walk her down the aisle and pass her to Draco. She blushed at the image as she reached the end of the aisle and winked to Draco before stepping to the left and turned to see Esme and Maddi begin to walk.

Again she was overcome with emotion as Maddi made her way down, looking breath taking. She didn't look like this was all thrown together last minute. It all looked like it was planned months in advance. Maddi looked around already crying at the music, the cake, the decorations and how handsome her future husband looked.