57. Kick Him In The Balls

It was the last week before the Christmas holidays. Astra was doing a fine job of avoiding Draco now, even if he had taken to following her around like a puppy. It was very frustrating. She was getting up earlier and earlier each day to try and avoid him.

It never worked.

"Morning love," Draco smiled standing up in the dorm.

Astra ignored him and sat her bookbag on the desk as she added her books into it and swung it on her back.

"Heading for breakfast?" Draco asked cheerfully. "Let's go then."

She didn't respond but took off through the portrait not bothering to wait for him. They had no lessons today as the holidays had already begun but she was heading to the library this morning to get a bit of research in before she headed home tomorrow.

"You are a hard girl to keep up with," Draco huffed falling into place with her. "I imagine you will get slower soon as the baby gro-"

"What exactly do you want Draco?" Astra snapped turning to him in the entrance hall.

He stopped just before he bumped into her. "Well, you were the one to say you could forgive but not forget and yet you still haven't forgave me for being an -"

"Asshole?" she offered as she turned and headed into the hall.

"Exactly," Draco smiled and sat down opposite her.

"You were the one who said I forgave too easily," Astra pointed out. "Draco everyone else I could forgive because I was not close to them in the way that I am with you. You were the one person I trusted and you left me alone when I needed you most. Then when I get the shock of my life – you want to know how to get rid of it. Not 'how do you feel Astra' or 'what would you want to do Astra?' No, you just want to forget it ever existed."

She began to pour herself coffee, when Draco stopped her. "I read that caffeine is bad for the..." he leaned in and mouthed, "baby."

"So now you care" Astra snapped as she poured herself some porridge and added fruit.

"Astra," Draco leaned across the table. "I just wanted you to be sure. Have all your options before you decided what to do."

"Well, I already know," she said and Draco froze.

"You...you do?" Draco asked.

Astra nodded. "Draco, I am sorry but -"

"You're not going to keep it are you?" He said looking down. "I mean it's up to you."

"Draco I am keeping the baby," Astra said confused.

"You are?" Draco gasped.

"You were the one who didn't want it. Draco from the moment that I found out that I was pregnant I have felt more love for this baby that I ever thought possible. Sure I am scared and I feel completely alone but I am also excited with the prospect of having a baby. Having a little mini you running around."

"A mini me?" Draco gasped. His head beginning to sweat. He wasn't sure how to feel.

"Yes, a mini you. I thought of the fact that this baby was half me and half you and suddenly I loved it. I wanted to protect it with everything I have in me. I am sorry but I want this baby. I want it. I want to be a mum and to feed it and look after it. I want to give it everything I missed out on."

Draco's head was spinning. He stood up. "I have to go," he said quickly.

"What?" She gasped.

"Eh...I just have to be....somewhere that is not here," Draco said as he walked away.