64. You Tell 'Em

Astra was practically giddy the following morning when Andromeda, Remus and Teddy arrived at her house. She was waiting impatiently by the window waiting for them to apparate and when they finally did, she threw open the front door and ran down the small garden path to greet them.

Andromeda had little Teddy in her arms, so Astra threw herself into Remus' who chuckled as he hugged her. "Now that is a welcome," he smiled setting her back on her feet.

"Welcome! It's so good to see you all. I am delighted you're here. Have you had breakfast yet? We are just starting to cook. Will you join us?" She said as she kissed both Remus and Andromeda and then stole little Teddy off Andi and walked him back into the house. "Teddy, say hello to Snape," she held the little baby up to him but at eight months old, he didn't say much. Or anything.

"Nice to see you Teddy, Remus. How are you Andromeda?" Snape said politely as he fried up some eggs.

"Good thank you. And hungry." She smirked.

"Well this will be ready in a few minutes if you want to sit in the dining room?" He replied.

"I hope you don't mind Andromeda but I have put you in with Narcissa to share a room?" Astra asked as she put Teddy into his little highchair that Remus conjured as she spoke.

"We shared growing up, it will be no different." Andromeda shrugged.

"Good! And I put Teddy and Remus up on the second floor with Sirius and Harry. I hope they don't mind sharing," she bit her lip.

"Harry lived in a cupboard under the stairs for ten years and Sirius lived in a cell for twelve. I think they will be fine," Remus assured her as he sat down.

Snape arrived in with plates of sausages, fried eggs, potato bread, soda bread, bacon, and toast and Astra took in pots of tea and coffee as well as sauces, butter, and jams before they sat down and ate.

There wasn't much said between them as they ate and drank their full expect little Teddy who had learnt to say 'dada' and now repeated it for everything. He had cut up bits of scrambled egg on his plate and a thick slice of toast with butter and he was loving life.

Astra had taken this time to fill Andromeda in on her pregnancy. It would be her great niece or nephew to be fair. Remus and Snape were busy then discussing something to do with the Ministry. New laws within the Ministry. Basically there were people who were opposed to the whole 'matchmaking' scheme and were voicing their opinions.

Since Kingsley had taken control of the Ministry he was working to the best of his ability and trying to ensure that the Ministry cannot fall again. There were new laws on dealing with criminals – like having their magic stripped like Goyle had. There were security systems installed in the foyer of the Ministry, every single person who walked through the doors of the Ministry had to take a drink which essentially stripped any illusions, curses, or spells that were currently placed on them and flagged anything that seemed suspicious.

There were more opportunities for people like Remus who were victim to a crime and were left with life altering 'illnesses'. Those who were once shunned from society were now receiving benefits from the Ministry – free housing, free medical and money every week to help them with the cost of living. And those who were fit to work, there was now a jobseekers department within the Ministry that helped them find appropriate jobs.

He was really bringing about changes.

Wands were searched regularly as part of daily protocol and the Ministry had a record of every member of the community, their family tree and their jobs, income, relevant information. There was a record keeper who was in charge and knew everyone and everything that was going on. He seemed to have it all under control and Astra couldn't understand why these services weren't implemented years ago.