15. Cold

Astra jumped and then gave a yelp as Madame Pomfrey had just taken hold of the glass when the door had burst open and Snape had come billowing in followed by Remus.

How the crap did they know?

"Nothing, I just smashed a glass and got a bit stuck in my hand," She answered, sounding annoyed.

"Are you OK, Astra?" Remus said, fear filling his eyes. He was probably expecting her to snap at him. But she was too tired.

"I am fine, thank you," she said with no emotion at all.

"You have glass in your hand. That hardly constitutes as fine! And Mr Malfoy, why are you out of your dorm?" Snape barked.

"Well, I brought her here...professor," he said, not taking his eyes off Snape.

Snape looked between Astra and Draco as if trying to see if either was lying or if there was possibly something more to what they said. Either way, Madame Pomfrey turned her attention back to Astra. "I need to get the glass out. This may hurt dear. Do you want to hold Mr Malfoy's hand for support?"

Astra almost laughed. "It's Ok. I am a big girl, and I -" But she gasped when Draco took hold of her hand firmly in his own and gave it a squeeze. Sparks shot through her good hand.

"Ok then, I am going to count to three and gently pull. 1...2 " and she pulled.

"I thought you were waiting for 3?" Astra asked as she gasped in pain. It hurt like a bitch!

"I find that doing it when you are not expecting is better," she hummed as she put the glass on the little tray and picked up a bottle labelled 'Essence of Dittany' and dropped a few drops onto the palm of Astra's hand.

Astra was well used to magic. She had been around it all her life but it still mesmerised her when she saw how potions worked. She watched as the wound closed over, sealing itself and leaving a very large scab on her palm.

"That will scar I am afraid and it will take a few days to heal," Madame Pomfrey as she moved her wand making dressing appear out of the end of it and wrap around her hand. "Do you feel woozy or anything? You lost a lot of blood." She asked as she sealed the dressing.

Astra shook her head. "I feel fine, actually. Thank you, Madame Pomfrey."

"My pleasure. It was a good thing you came when you did. I will need to see you in three days to get that dressing removed and we shall see how it is healing. Do you write with you right hand?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Well, I shall write a note to your teachers to let them know that you will be using a Quick Quotes Quill for a few days for lessons." She said as she flicked her wand again and a piece of parchment flew to her and a quill.

She scribbled on it and sent it off with a faint pop. "Now, if you feel sick or dizzy you come and see me but other than that, you are free to go."

"Thank you again ma'am," she said as Draco dropped her hand and they both stood up from the bed. "Good night," she said, taking Draco by the sleeve of his jumper and pulling him to the doorway.

She was hoping to get out of there and back to the dorm before -

"Astra!" Snape called as he and Remus caught up with them.

She turned to him. "Yes, sir?"

He looked a little offended but continued. "I wonder if I might have a word with you?"

"Well, sir, I am very tired, and curfew is about to start. Is it important?"

"What?" He asked, and even Draco looked shocked.