CHAPTER 10 -GANGSTER

ELIJAH'S POV

I CLOSED my eyes and felt the cold stream of water on my body, while the pain I felt throughout my body was relieved.

I lied to Krixi when I told her that I couldn't go to school because I wasn't feeling well. The truth is, I had to join a gang fight a while ago, apparently that group of people insulted me too much and challenged me to a fight. I am happy because I also got a lot of money from them.

I enrolled at Hartshorn University to show to my family that I can make my dreams come true even without them by my side. I want to show them that I was able to live alone, even though they abandoned me.

After two months of them leaving me, I was able to face everything by myself. They lied to me when they said they were going to the province, what I knew was that auntie drea would take Papa to their province. But when I woke up in the hospital where I was unconscious for almost three days, I found out from Krixi that my whole family was in Canada.

I felt so sad and pain when the only person left by my side hugged me. It was Krixi who brought and watched over me at the hospital while I was burning with fever and unconscious for almost three days.

When I got out of the hospital, Krixi explained to me everything she knew about my family leaving. I wanted to cry when I found out that Papa had to have surgery because he had a heart disease, I wanted to be angry and blame myself for what happened.

I know to myself that what happened was not my fault but I was so guilty, I almost killed myself from thinking too much.

Gusto kong magalit sa pamilya ko nang hindi man lang nila ako nagawang kamustahin.

Krixi took me to Masbate where his parents at ibang kamag-anak nakatira. There, I learned all kinds of farmers' lifestyles.

We stayed in the province for more than a month when I decided to come back here. At first, I told myself that I would not go to school again, but when Krixi wanted to come with me and promised her family na aayusin at mag seseryoso na siya about her studies, I agreed. Like me, Krixi also failed at Brimstone High, I didn't ask her why dahil kung gusto niyang malaman ko yun ay sasabihin niya naman sa'kin ang dahilan.

"Elijah!! Hoy okay ka lang ba jan?" i heard Krixi shout from outside the Cr while knocking the door.

Hindi ko man lang namalayan na napatagal na pala ako dito sa loob.

"Boss ayos ka lang ba jan sa loob?" i heard from someone, I guess it's Omar's voice.

"Baka nadulas tapos nahimatay?" it's Ace. I want to slap my forehead because of what he said.

And Smile at the same time.

Maliban kay Krixi ay sina Kevin ang nakakasama ko lagi. Kahit nakakapikon ang pagiging makulit at loko loko nila ay hindi ko magawang magalit sa kanila, dahil sila yung mga taong nanatili sa tabi ko, noong mga panahong halos patayin ko ang sarili ko sa pakikipag away at pakikipag basag-ulo sa iba't ibang grupo ng gangster.

"Anong meron?" rinig kong tanong ni Gian.

"Elijah, woi sumagot ka naman jan--" Krixi was stunned by the shouting and was about to knock on the door, when I opened the Cr's door and came out with my whole body covered in a towel.

The four men immediately turned their backs and pretending they didn't see anything.

I looked at Krixi.

"Ang ingay niyo." i said, then walked back to my room.

Nagbihis na ako ng malaking black t-shirt at maikling maong na short, saka lumabas ng kwarto habang nagsusuklay.