100010

In Jeon mansion, atmosphere was calm just like everyday. Mr. and Mrs. Jeon were having breakfast while chatting about something. The maids were doing their share of work. It was normal day for them, so when the door opened revealing their older son, they were quite, surprised.

Jeongguk was not someone to visit home, uninformed. It was mostly Jungkook who did that, though he was too busy now to do that. The parents were surprised but happy to see their son after so many days. They did had regular calls, but seeing him in front of their eyes, it was after months.

"Son, you surprised us! Come on sit, finally you will have breakfast with us!" Mrs. Jeon was, without any doubt delighted to have her son with her. Mr. Jeon was happy too, but he knew this sudden visit was not random. He somehow knew it has something related to underworld, though he has no idea what's here for Jeongguk to visit.

"Hey mom! Missed you so much. You are really glowing, might sharing the se-never mind, I will ask my love." Jeongguk intentionally put forth this knowing they would ask him who his 'love' is, that he mentioned about. And as he wanted, his mother got caught in his trap.

"Love?! My son has a partner? And I had no knowledge about it? Who is it?? I would assume it's a boy, knowing your sexuality."

"Yea mom, he is my love, would bring him here, some other time, when it's not dangerous." Both parents squinted their eyes on his words but knowing him they knew they won't get a word out of him without his will so they dropped the discussion right there.

"Honey, you can sit here if you want to be a part of our discussion related to busin-"

"Mr. husband, don't forget your most successful mission was planned by me. I know how things work and if you think I am too old for this, you should hear who cracks more bones in morning after waking up." The man had no words to defend himself against his wife which made Jeongguk cackle, loving how his parents are, even after years. He thrive to be like them.

"The reason I am here is, Kim, Kim Lu-bin is dead."

As he uttered these words, horror morphed both of their faces. It was a surprising sight for Jeongguk as he thought they must be aware about it. And being this horrified over someone's death is not normal for them, considering the business they are in.

"Why you all acting as if someone close to you died?"

"G-gguk, Lu, Kim Lubin? The Kanji-"

"Yes appa, why are you so shocked though? I haven't even told you the actual news." Sighing Jeongguk popped off first three buttons before leaning close to the table and looking straight a his father. His father knew, something is wrong, he prepared himself for worst but his mind wasn't helping him.

"He died on our grounds, got called there by someone from our family. And of course, he was killed."

"What?! Who?-"

"You. The letter had our royal stamp, appa, the one only you have access to. The letter said you wanted to meet. That's why he was there, all alone." Silence fell over the room as even his mother looked at her husband with shock on her face. She didn't uttered a word even when she saw him running to his study room, where they keep all the files and, the stamp.

After a minute, he came back and dropped himself on the chair, hand supporting his head. All the while Jeongguk was silently observing everything, every move of his parents. He didn't expected this scene and he was sure now, it was more than what meets the eye.

"Say appa, it wasn't you, who plotted all this?" Senior Jeon's head snapped in Jeongguk's direction hearing his words. Jeongguk's stare didn't wavered as he saw his father glaring at him, he was past that stage.

"Why would I? I would never, he was-I would never do that!" 

In all this, Jeongguk found his mother's behavior pretty much, strange. She was silent all along, as if seething silently, just when her eyes snapped back at his father with fire burning in them making him surprised as well.

"You are not lying, right? I am asking something Jeon Yeon-su and you better be honest!" It took Jeongguk by surprise cause this was the first time he was seeing his mother this angry, that too, with his father. He took it as his cue to drag his chair back and look at the scene. He would meddle when it will be the right time.

"NO! Why would I lie! I didn't! It's been years Ri!" 

"Exactly! That's what I was trying to make you understand! But you and your fucking hate! Now go and shove your reasons up your ass! He is dead!"

"Ri, we both know why! He didn't deserv-" 

"Who the fuck are you to decide what he deserved or not, you asshole! Don't fucking dare to enter the room today!"

"Ri you can't-"

"I can!"

Jeongguk popped the last cherry into his mouth as he saw his parents finally going silent after his mother's last words. He had many questions. But he was in no mood to get answers to any. Though, he had to drop one more bomb. The important one.

"Also, the boy, that I love, he is the leader of Kanji." He saw how his parents looked at him, wide eyed, surprised with his confession. They didn't expect him to love some cafe boy, did they?

"What? You all didn't expect me to go for someone soft did you? Also, don't tell me you are scared for hi-"

"I am worried for you son. I have heard how he is, have seen how he trained, make sure you don't end up with a bullet in your head. People say, whenever he has gun in his hands, you better believe he isn't there to talk." 

What his father didn't realized was the pride Jeongguk was feeling hearing things about his love from his father.

What's the means of living if you don't terrify people even a lil bit?

"What's his name?" This time, it was his mother who asked, looking at him. He licked his lips, looking at his father who was also waiting for the answer expectantly. Somewhere, he knew the name people know isn't real, but he don't want to force out things that are buried deep for some reason, so he never really pointed out.

"His name is V, though you all must know, he is renown by the name 'Lao hu' in underwor-" 

"Hansul. Kim Hansul is his name. The elder son of Lu. The designated leader of Kanji and now the only heir to Kim empire." 

And Jeongguk feels that his parents know things about his lover more than him.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

night night

~~~glimpse