100000

I couldn't understand what the situation was cause one moment he looks so tired then next moment he is ready to go on a killing spree. After the call, he was just sitting silently, thinking something while taking deep breaths which worried me. 

What was the call about?

 "Love, what's wrong?" At my question, he threw his head back, breathing heavily then turned towards me. Something was terribly wrong and he can't get himself to say what's wrong. His eyes were filled with many emotions in which hurt and desperation were glistening clear. It clenched my heart to see him suffering like this. I pulled him close to me, pushing his head in my chest as I curled him in my embrace, hiding him away from the world.

"It's alright. Take your time, I am not leaving your side." 

I meant what I said, and that's why now I am with V, in his car, going somewhere, I am not aware about. But soon, I recognized this area, it's under our territory, though it's been years I entered this place. My father said this place didn't had any good memories so we were forbidden to enter here. 

V stopped the car right at the entrance of the house, it was a large old house, seemingly build with stones and bricks, though it looked beautiful, it was surrounded with many wild bushes, giving it a fantasy mansion view. It looked spooky yet fascinating. 

But why were we here?

I turned towards V who kept staring at the mansion with a foreign look on his face. It was starting to scare me now, what even happened?

"This place, it's under Kiara right?" 

"Yes. Why?" Again, instead of answering my question, he kept silent, his gaze lost ahead. 

"What's wrong, love, please tell me. I will help you. I can't do a thing if you won't tell me what's wrong darling. Please, spea-"

"Father, he was attacked." This silenced me. Elder Kim, was attacked too?

"Someone tried to kill appa too, recently. What I wanted to ask back then was, did Kiara and Kanji had any beef before? You did said they might knew, though it's possible they might be friends or even enemies. We never know." 

My throat was dry, so were my lips, from nervousness. I spilled all I wanted to ask and the only thing I wish is, him proving me wrong. I don't want things between us to get spoiled cause of some past conflict that our parents decided to resurface again. Their bones are cracking and they want to fight? Really? What wrong with these oldies? 

"Why you thought of my father? As you said, there can be many in this field." This time, he turned towards me, face void of any expression like the first time and I won't lie, it pinched me in heart somewhere.

"The day, I met your father the first time. He, asked me about my father. Though I acted like I don't know if he is talking about my father, I certainly know he was. He was asking about my father's welfare, and remembering they must have been close, it just stirred inside me, wanting to ask you. Cause I don't know if the closer was friendly or something else."

Something cracked in his expression and he sighed, unbuckling his seat belt before he went out of the car to which I followed behind. Now we both were leaning against the bonnet of the car. I saw him pulling out a cigar and a lighter, it was my first time seeing him smoke. I was not a smoker.

"He can't be involved with your father's attack Gguk." Hearing him call me by the nickname, it calmed my heart, though his words didn't quite convinced me.

"And why is that darling? Just cause he is retired doesn't mea-"

"Cause he is dead."

My words formed a lump in my throat as I heard what he said. That's what the call was about. I am blank as I don't know what to say. I never went through such tragedy where you loss your loved one, and knowing he already lost his mother, it basically means he is an orphan now with no family relation apart from his brother. His paternal side had no one, and he himself set fire to his maternal relatives.