Chapter 101 - Loss & Acceptance

Start from the beginning

"I hope so, Rian... I really hope so..." Amira replies as she sniffles for a bit while glancing away from the line of soldiers carrying the others. But before Logan can reply, a buzzing sound is heard in the intercom placed in his ear, where a few words can be perceived. 

"Logan, this is Delta 2, do you copy?" the female voice says, to which Logan swiftly places his hand in the intercom as he keeps a composed stature. 

"Logan here. What's the report?" 

"Well, we managed to locate Su Hyon. More accurately, his remains..." the female voice replies while sighing as well. This makes Logan's eyes widen as he contemplates the word he just heard from the soldier. A father who wanted to rescue his own daughter from Zlocan captivity, no matter how dangerous it looked, is now out? The others glanced at Logan as he stares at the distance with his blinking expression. 

"Hey, what's the matter now?" Rian asks as he goes near Logan. 

"Su Hyon. He's..." Logan tries to explain yet can't complete it. This alone, however, is enough to get the team to realize what he means, which makes them frown, with even Jack shaking his head while muttering under his breath, with Ed and Malak sighing. They did win, yet with one steep price for them to bear. 

"Is there something wrong, Logan?" the female soldier asks once more. 

"Nothing it's just really unfortunate after all. But have you managed to find a trace of her daughter?" 

"Negative, unfortunately. But, there's something odd. The CD he was carrying... It's gone." This alone makes Logan stand up while pressing his finger to the intercom while taking a deep breath. 

"Alright. Just to make sure, search for any corner of this fortress to find his daughter by all means, because if there's one person who may have taken that CD, it should be her." 

"We'll try our best. Still, glad that you survived, at least. Delta 2 out." With that, the communication ends as Logan sighs once more. Su Hyon may have bitten it, but there may be a chance that his beloved daughter is still out there, deep inside the fortress. But for now, it's another moment to think of as Logan steps away from the building alongside Rian and Amira, with the other Warriors following suit. 

"Are you sure it's her? Could be a typical thief who wants to loot anything," Rian says while looking at Logan. 

"I have faith, Rian. It can't just be a mere coincidence here. But let's think about that later. Seiner, is it ready?" Logan replies while glancing at Seiner's belt. 

"Well, some hours had passed already, so it should have enough fuel by now." Seiner then takes out a chrome cube, one showing the hologram of the chopper it usually morphs into. 

"I need some rest, that is all..." Amira says, still with a stooped posture. But just as Seiner is about to hurl the chrome cube to the ground so it can summon the chopper, a sudden voice is enough to stop him dead in his tracks. 

"Hey, hold on now!" a familiar voice shouts, which is enough to get the EW to glance in the direction of the voice. Some raise their eyebrows while others widen their eyes as they observe two certain individuals who sprint in their direction. One is a dark-armored man with black hair, the other a young woman with a golden ribbon for her hair while covered in a towel, her skin looking splotchy as they pant heavily from the running. 

Julian and Rita, now meeting the famed EW at last. 

"Please, you have to take us in, we can't stay here for much longer," Julian says as he pants heavily. 

"But, what for? What business do you have in this very fortress?" Seiner asks while raising an eyebrow, still unsure of what to make of Julian. 

"Well, it may be hard for you to believe but... I was the one who leaked them, all the bases and files. Everything that led up to this." The others gasp in response to this, for they couldn't expect any other unexpected occurrence thrown at them like this. And probably a positive one too, after the string of misfortunes they got reported with.