S e v e n t y - t w o

"which one do you think mama would like baby" i said pointing her in the direction of all the candy.

Even though she probably can only reach the bottom shelf on her own she points to Reese's favourite candy. Well American candy. Jolly Ranchers (Blue raspberry more spesifically). I pick her up so she could reach them on her own while also getting something herself as i put her down. I looked at what she picked up and shaked my head.

"You cant have these baby girl. How about these" Picking up Skittles from the shelf and showing her them. She nodded instantly so i passed them to her and we walked to the cashier and bought the candy.

"mama?" she said looking up at me while holding her arms up in the arm so i picked her up.

"Yes baby girl" i said walking in the direction that we previously came.

"is mama k" she said with the pacifier muffling her speech

"Yes love mama is going to be ok. we just have to look after her for a little while to get her better."

With that she led her head against my chest as i carry her towards to the room to see everyone standing outside. "Billie Reese only wants to see you"

"Okay" i took a deep breath and looked at Klara "Stay with nanny and grandma ok, mama is going to be back now" I passed Klara over to the older woman and walked into the room after taking a deep breath again.

Walking in, i was instantly met with Reese's pale face. Much paler than when i left.

"Hey baby girl" i said grabbing her hand with both of my hands kissing them multiple times.

she opened her eyes and smiled slightly but was in pain. You could see it in her face. "Its ok love you don't need to do anything. i tell you what ill ask questions and you squeeze my hand once for yes, twice for no. Can you do that for me?" I asked looking at her and i felt her slightly squeeze my hand once. "Your already doing so good my love"

"okay i only have 2 questions and then you can rest okay love. Do you want me to get a nurse so they can give you medicine?" I ask and received one squeeze of the hand so i stand up, kissing her head once and putting my head around the corner of the door "Mom can you ask the nurse if Reese can have more medicine please" I ask while the two older women both look at me with a pitied face.

"Of course Bil" I walked back into the room and grabbed Reese's hand again "My mom has gone to get them. Klara is also here love. do you wanna see her obviously-" i get cut off with her squeezing my hand once "You sure hun I'm sure she wouldn't mind waiting until you feel a little better" again she squeezed again.

I leave slightly again but so Reese would still be able to see me. I tilted my head over the door frame to see my mom, Klara and Sian walking down the corridor with the nurse. I move out of the way and allow the nurse to give more medicine to Reese as i walk over to Reese holding her other hand comforting.

"Your doing amazing my love. Just a couple of minutes longer and there will be less pain" i said rubbing my thumb on the top of her hand comfortingly. A couple of seconds later the nurse pulls away telling us that Reese can have more medicine in two hours if she is in alot of pain but she is most likely going to feel drowsy when the meds kick in.

"Can i see Klara?" Reese asked with quite a croaky voice so i kiss her on her head and went to get the little rascal.

"Baby" i said getting Klaras attention "Do you want to come and see mama?" i asked and she nodded leading me to pick her up "You have to be gentle tho"

We walked into the room and i sat on the edge of the bed with Klara on my lap which she instantly cuddled more into me

"Hi baby" Reese said putting her hand gently on Klara's letting her warm up to her. "ive missed you so much" she said and with that Klara gently climbed from my lap and sat next to Reese leaning on her slightly.

They had a conversation mainly about Klara's my little pony that she bought in the shop downstairs and i sat there in the distance. Looking at the 2 most important people in my life. I looked away for a second glancing at the door to see my mom and Sian in deep conversation about something when Reese gets my attention.

"Bil can you come lay here so i can sleep on you" Reese asked and i nodded moving closer to them.

I picked up Klara and then slid in where she was laying and gently put Reese's head on my chest and then Klara fully ontop of me. Eventhough i would rather be layed in my room with the red lights on this is home. With Reese and Klara.

I slowly drift asleep without thoughts of how tomorrow is going to go.

-987 words