Chapter 100 - The Four Tenets of Peace

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Heya, I provided backup as you needed, Seiny!" Tany says. 

"You just got lucky, that's all..." Seiner remarks before glancing back down to see a wave of Zlocan mechas, tanks and other Knights heading their way, this time in higher quantities than anticipated from them. 

"There's not much time staying here. Team, let's hit the throttle and reorganize ourselves!" Logan says as he opens a door to a bridge connecting them to the other building, in which they all rush outside while evading some of the blaster fire coming from the right. Even with this type of distance, this kind of firepower is enough to get most of them to dodge as swiftly as they can. 

"That's a lot of us to handle. And where's Hyon when we need him?!" Seiner says as he runs with the group. 

"Let me try. Hyon, this is Logan, what's your status?" Logan asks as he places his hand near his ear where his communicator is located. However, there's nothing but silence on the other's end as they both rush inside the other building, one with vacant cargo boxes and a handful of unactivated drones placed in order. 

"Hyon, are you there?" Still no answer, which makes Logan's eyes widen as he processes the implications of it. 

"Hyon? Come in, Hyon!" Logan says once more, this time with a higher tone as he and his team walk on the corridor of the building while spotting the consoles from below. 

"And so it begins. We better get ready for the worse, Logan," Rian says while descending with Seiner. 

"Logan, have you considered calling for reinforcements?" Amira asks as she runs alongside Logan. 

"Didn't ya hear what Lemons said? We don't want to disturb our neat 'ol mission around here!" Ed says. 

"Well, guess I'll try. This looks more than we can handle with..." Logan says as he pulls a Walkie-talkie from his pocket, turning the signal to get one where it's an UEF-approved signal to catch, all while Rian glances at him for a bit. 

"You sure this will be a good idea?" Rian asks. 

"Just let me try, please..." Logan says as he presses a button, where after a bit of static, a stable noise can be heard. 

*** 

At Sly's office, where there's a big screen that lets the attendants see the events from a satellite's view, Sly, Clemons, and other soldiers observe the smoke coming out of the fortress, with Clemons and others observing with some smirks on their faces while Sly watches attentively, his hands holding his desk as he leans forward to see the screen. While there are no negative reports so far, it's only a matter of time before wondering if there's something more that the EW can try. 

Then, his communicator in his pocket vibrates, where pulls it out and puts it near the desk for the rest to hear. 

"Sylvester? Logan here." 

"Logan? What's the situation at the moment?" 

"You guys may have gotten your hopes way too much. Zlocans and Inquisitors alike are swarming us like nothing!" Sly and others gasp at this news, yet Clemons and those near him can still smirk at the news, almost as if there's still too much confidence on their part, or perhaps something even more than that. 

"Sounds like it's more than expected. I know what Clemons said, but if you're in need of reinforcements, then don't hesitate to give the call, alright?" 

"Yes, sure thing, I for one would like-" But just as Logan finishes his request, Clemons snatches the walkie-talkie away from the table, then turns it off while tossing it to the bin on his back.