Chapter 43

KIARA

My eyes slowly open, squinting at the slight rays of sunlight through the curtains blinding me. And then I gasp. My eyes take in the sight in front of me, well, more like, a centimetre away from me. Harry's body wrapped around mine. I can't even remember how we got to this position. Both of us are on the same bed. I look over at his untouched bed and then look at mine how both of us fitted in the limited space but just enough.

"Gosh Kiara, how drunk did you get?" I mutter to myself trying to untangle myself from Harry. Thank God he's a heavy sleeper because he doesn't move an inch while I try my best to slowly move his arm and legs to free myself from the bed.

I spot my jewelry and heels neatly kept making me smile and then suddenly I'm taken back to last night.

Harry untied the buckles of my heels right after we kissed and then he pulled away.

He removed my earrings and covered me and that's when I did the unthinkable. I pulled him to me. And then we slept.

"Holy. Cow." Instinctively I look down and sigh in relief when I notice my dress from last night.

I grab my towel and decide to take a shower to help drain out yesterday's unwanted guilt.

"How could you let that happen?"

"Kiara, you idiot."

"He probably hates you."

"How could you put him in that situation?"

"What would he think of you now?"

"Maybe I should leave.."

I drain the water from my hair and wrap the towel around my body and exit the bathroom only to stop in my tracks.

"Good morning," God, his voice. It's like velvet.

"Good morning. Slept well?" I ask, while trying to find something from the closet to change into.

"I actually did. Did you?" He is smiling. He looks dreamy having just got up. His curls are messy but also a beautiful mess. His eyes shine green and look alive. His face is like an angel. And his lips. I do not want to even start there after remembering yesterday's events.

"Harry, I'm so sorry about last night...I don't know what happened.." The words were out before I could stop them.

"It's alright," he shrugs, looking away from me.

"What, no. I was way out of line and-"

"What was?" he smirked, his eyes cutting mine.

"Last night-Harry! Stop!" I say out of frustration after realising what he's doing.

"Stop what? I'm not doing anything." he shrugs innocently. "By the way, I'd really like to talk to you about last night." He stands up from the bed and walks to me. Please don't.

"What do you want to talk about? I mean...there's nothing to talk about." I say nervously.

"Oh there's a lot to talk about Kiara." he smiles.

"I don't want to talk about it because I made a mistake. A mistake that I..."

"That you what?" I look up at him to see his eyes pouring into mine, searching for answers my eyes could give away but I look away quickly.

"A mistake I regret doing. I had way too much to drink and I was reckless and I'm sorry for putting you in that position." I say, not bothering to look him in the eye because I know I'm lying to myself. I'm not sorry about what happened. But I am because I was selfish.

Unexpected Happenings [UNEXPECTED SERIES #1]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara