Chapter 49

KIARA

It's been a couple of days since the ironic dance in the rain. Nothing has changed ever since. It's not awkward anymore but there are these unsaid words hanging in the air every time we interact which I would say we've been doing a lot lately. We spend every free minute with each other either watching a movie, reading a book or talking about work. And there are times where it would get intense when we make direct eye contact. Our eyes connecting creates this strong force that keeps us grounded in whatever our thoughts say.

But of course, we choose to ignore it like always because that's where we draw the line. We never will bring up that day when I drunkenly kissed him and shared something we both know was not an accident.

"Hey Marianne? It's Kiara. I was wondering if I could visit you today and baby Emmy if that's okay? Sorry it's such short notice-oh-sure okay then. I'll see you soon then? Can I get you something? Oh-okay haha yeah. Cool. I'll see you soon. Thanks. Bye." I hang up two seconds later and drop the phone next to me on the sofa.

"So I can pick you afterwards? We can get some food or maybe watch a movie out?" Harry suggests from his seat on the sofa.

"You don't have to but sure. Thank you. And yes, we can get some food but can we watch something here at home? It's more cozy here." I say while typing some things I want to buy for the baby so I don't forget.

"Cozy huh? Sure." he smiles. I return one and then get up from my seat to get ready.

Thirty minutes later, I'm dressed in a romper and curled my hair, leaving it loose with minimal makeup. While perfecting my eyelashes, a knock interrupts me.

"Come in!" I called, continuing to finish applying mascara.

"Hey, you done?" Harry comes in, dressed casually in a shirt, with the first few buttons undone of course, his butterfly tattoo slightly peeking through the fabric paired with jeans. I have to stop myself from complimenting him because knowing myself I know I'd just probably make things even more awkward.

"Almost. Have you decided on what movie to watch later?" I ask him, trying my best to distract my eyes from sneaking glances at him.

"You choose." he says, not making eye contact with a smile.

"Why are you smiling?" I can't help but smile now, just by watching him.

"You just...nevermind. You pick a movie." he shrugs and leaves the room with the same smile, leaving me to daydream about him alone.

. . .

"Kiara! So good to see you!" Marianne welcomes me with a warm hug.

"I know! It's been a while. Everybody misses you by the way. The office is so boring without you." I smile, as she pulls me inside her gorgeous house.

"They better. I ain't a normal employee. I'm their queen." She jokes and I laugh.

"You look amazing by the way. Oh and I almost forgot. Hold up, I forgot it in the car." I quickly rush back outside towards the car.

"You forgot something." Harry says just in time. I sigh a breath of relief.

"Thank you." I smile, as he hands me the bouquet of white daisies I got for Marianne.

"No problem.." he says just as the wind makes an appearance, making both our hair dance in the air. I hold the daisies a little tighter just when Harry takes the strands of hair that escaped and tucked them behind my ear, making me freeze at his touch.

"I'll um- I'll see you later.." I breathe.

"Yeah," he smiles before waving off to Marianne and getting in the car and driving a way not before sending me a wink.