Chapter 27

~In school~

"I own a beach house a few hours away from the city. I was thinking we could stay there for a week. Have some girl time, away from boys. Get to know each other more and you know just have fun together because who knows what would happen in a year's time?" Georgia deciphers.

It's lunch, and us four are discussing holiday plans to spend together because we're not going to be able to have a lot of time at the end of the month until holidays since all three of them teach subjects and students are going to be having exams for two whole weeks which will leave them with loads of correcting test papers which I'm sure will wear them out. So, since we have a week's time before exams commence we're making the most of the lunch break's time to discuss holiday plans.

"I thought your mum wanted the beach house?" Aleesha asks Georgia.

"She did but I bought it so it's all mine" Georgia says proudly, flipping her hair like a business woman.

"Oooh. That's great actually. Kiara, you really should see the house. It's gorgeous!" Aleesha squeals and pops a grape in her mouth.

"I can't wait" I say excitedly."I can cook for us and maybe rent movies" I suggest. 

"Of course not! We're gonna have fun which means it's just going to be relaxing time at the beach and house, shopping, movies till after midnight, chatting till dawn...you get what I mean" Georgia explains pulling me closer to her side. "Plus since my birthday is in August, it's on me" she smirks. 

"In your dreams" I immediately say. No way she's paying for all us for a holiday getaway. 

"She does this all the time. Relax" Meredith says, trying to calm me down.

"I can pay for myself" I say politely. 

"That wouldn't be as fun! C'mon, live a little. It's just money. I want to spend it on you guys. You're like family" You're like family. I feel that sentence echoing for several seconds in my head until Meredith shakes me slowly asking if I'm okay. I feel my eyes tearing up.

"Oh honey. What is something that I said?" Georgia looks at me worried. 

"No-no. It's just that you said family. That just- I got so touched. I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm crying..." I feel the tears slipping out my eyes, flowing down my cheeks.

"It's alright. You are family to me. You all are. You guys just make me so happy even when I'm having a bad day or when I'm not in the mood or if I had a fight with Anthony. You guys are always there to cheer me up and give me the best advice." I rest my head on Georgia's shoulder.

"We feel the same way" I say with teary eyes and as cliché as we are sometimes, we all lean closer and group hug each other which makes all of us laugh.

"I love you guys" I find myself saying, hugging them tighter.

"We know" they smile and we move on to talking about the boys, except me of course.

"Oh c'mon! You must've liked someone at school!" Aleesha brings up while I talk about a few things from my boring school life.

"Alright, alright."

"Oh my gosh-so you did like someone!"

"You want to hear the story or not?" I ask with a raised brow, pretending to be annoyed when I'm not, I'm amused. She nods her head eagerly. "In tenth grade I think. There was this one guy. He wasn't in any of my classes, he was senior to me. But I used to see him reading in odd places everyday. But once he was leaning against my locker. That was the day I got to know his locker was the one next to mine. He usually doesn't use it so this was new. I had to tab his shoulder to make him look up at me. We stared at each other for a moment. He smiled. I smiled. And then I told him he was blocking my locker. He didn't understand what I meant at first probably because I was stuttering all the time but when he did he was like, (oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know.) I said it was okay and while organising my locker, I felt him staring at me. Like literally he was. I dropped the books I held and we both bent down to get them, making us knock our heads."