Chapter 39

KIARA

It's been an hour since I got home from work. I haven't talked to Daniel at all today. I did see a glimpse of him at his class, eating lunch alone while staring into thin air. For a moment there I wanted to talk to him but then I thought, 'what if I'm just pushing him?'. I may not have feelings for him but knowing he has and trying to talk to him is a bad move from my side so I went up to Aleesha's class finding all of them seated and talking until I entered the room.

"Where have you been, young lady?" Meredith asks like the mum she is. I shrug before taking a seat next to her.

"I have something to tell you guys." I say, while looking at all three of them.

The next couple of minutes fly by as I tell them yesterday's events with Daniel. I told them everything I felt at the time too and whatever I spoke to Harry in the car.

"I'm so sorry that happened love. Has he made any moves today too? How are you feeling now?" Georgia says, taking my hand in hers and giving it a gentle squeeze.

"No, he's been awfully silent. He was alone today. To be honest I miss him. I know it must have been hard for him too. He feels guilty. He really does. I told him, these things happen but I think he just feels he needs to distance himself."

"At least he's doing that. But Kiara, if anything happens again. Anything, you know you have every right to take things to authorities, love. He shouldn't stop you from that. Okay?" Aleesha says, the most serious face I've ever seen on her face. "And of course, we are here for you honey." she smiles.

"Thank you guys. I knew talking to you guys would make me feel at ease." I smile at them gratefully. "Also, you know what... Daniel asked me to come with him to these music shows. I never got to go... I can't help but think maybe- what if I went?" I can't believe I just realised I never once kept my word on meeting him for those music shows. I feel bad but I'm also thankful in a way because who knows what could have happened if we did go out together? Maybe I forgot for a reason. To avoid this. But eventually he poured out his feelings, and now i can't help but think if he's alright all by himself.

"Don't worry about him okay? He'll be fine. We can check up on him on our way if you like. But I'm sure he's alright." Georgia offers and I smile.

"Speaking of boys, how's the girlfriend doing?" Aleesha blurts out, making us focus our attention on Meredith who blushes. Almost immediately at that.

"Oh stop!" she whines, making me laugh. "Why am I always the main topic everytime we spend time together?" she groans but with the blush covering her cheeks, she lets us know she is kidding.

"I don't know but we're just happy you finally got a man. We wouldn't even be spending time like this in a month since missus Lincoln will be leaving us soon" Aleesha pouts.

"Aww, don't say that. But she does have a point, Mere, I will be leaving in a month." Georgia smiles sadly. "Which also reminds me, we still haven't gone out on our girls getaway!" She suddenly changes the mood.

"Can we do it this week? Otherwise it's not going to happen. School closes this week. In three days really. So first thing we do is leave this city and spend every minute of next week together." I say standing up, with my phone, opening my planner app.

"Look at this one all hyped up." Meredith winks. I laugh. "I agree though. The sooner the better."

"We also have to visit Marianne's baby guys. I can't believe I forgot. It's been what-two weeks? Gosh where has my mind been so long?" I talk to myself for a moment there. "Back to us, George, what'cha think?"

"Let's go! We'll meet at my place. I'll finally be able to take Anthony's car. He'll be over at Zach's so, he wouldn't need it." she says.

"Sounds like a plan!" I finalise just as the bell rings. "I guess I'll see you guys later then" I tell them and give them each a quick hug and get back to my desk.

"Come on guys" I say loud enough for the students to hear me.

As they have got themselves settled on the chairs and next to the bookshelves occupying themselves, I open my phone for the first time today.

*3 new messages from Daniel*

*1 missed call and 2 unread messages from Harry*

*1 unread message from Adam Walker*

I open Harry's messages first.

Harry: Hey Kiara, just wanted to check upon you, love. Hope you're having a nice day at school. Things are okay right? Also, just wanted to let you know that I'll be taking Boots out to the vet today. And I'll pick up dinner too. Told Jose to not arrange dinner tonight.

Harry: I've also got you a little surprise ;) see you home soon!

I smile to myself and like both messages before typing a response to him.

Me: You're too sweet for your own good Harry. Thank you though.

Please don't let it be too expensive though, I'm serious Harry.

See you soon :).

I hit 'send' and then open Adam's messages.

Adam Walker: Hello Kiara,

Hope you're having a good day. I wanted to come meet you at the library but I got caught up with work. I have to let you know that I'm going out with the twins tonight. You can go home today. Thank you for your support. Your payment for this month is put. Let me know if you haven't received it.

Have a good day.

Me: Hello Mr. Walker,

Thank you for telling me. I hope you and the twins have a good time.

Thank you. I have received it.

Hope you have a good day too.

I send that message and sigh quietly to myself and sink in my seat.

Do I ignore Daniel's messages? Do I just read them and leave him on seen? Or do I respond to them?

+

It's 12:01 here. Skipped homework to write this one. Hope you like it!

Let me know what you think about Daniel's and Kiara's situation in the comments below!!

Hope you are all doing well<3

Can't promise if I'd post again tomorrow. Don't get your hopes up, I don't want to disappoint you guys.

I love you!