Chapter 42

It's been a day at the cabins with the boys and Elenour and Perrie and by far it's been one of the best holidays I've ever spent with anybody...well at all. Sometimes the good things that happen in life take you by surprise. I feel that. Gratitude. For each and every one of them.

"Harry??!!" I jump in my bed, burying my face under the sheets as much as I could.

A loud voice evoked from nowhere and I'm already beginning to sweat.

And then I hear muffled laughter from a foot away.

Oh he did not.

"You....little..." I struggle to find a good word for him but I can't because he looks so cute in a sweatshirt and shorts with a baseball cap worn the other way around, his hair pushed back and out of his face.

"I got you bad." He smiles in victory and takes a seat on the edge of my bed. There's something about him that I can't quite point out...he's just so him and I'm me but..but he's so perfect and I'm not...what in the world have I gotten myself into? "Earth to Kiara.." He waves a free hand in front of my face, breaking the stance I drifted into.

"Uh, sorry.." I apologise quickly.

"You want to go for a swim?" He asks randomly. I look at the time. It's 12:34 in the morning.

"Right now?"

"Yeah. the water's heated." he says and I contemplate in my head. Swimming does sound good, well anything that has him involved sounds good to me-that's the damn problem here.

"Okay. just give me a minute to change." I tell him and get out of bed. I think I hear him gasp. I think. I look down. I'm dressed in a peach silky lace nightgown I bought for the beach house getaway with the girls. Oh. "Sorry.." I don't know why I say that but to save myself I scurry towards the bathroom.

Ten minutes later, I exit the bathroom and grab my bathrobe and wear it and walk out of my room and slowly, almost tip-toe towards the pool area at the back of the cabin me and Harry share. Yes, we share a cabin. Not the bed though for obvius reasons. There's two twin beds. Completely safe.

"You seriously woke me up just for a swim?" I ask him while untying the bow on my bathrobe and getting rid of it completely. I neatly fold it and leave it on one of the lounge chairs and walk towards the pool steps. It's dark and I'm guessing we're the only ones up because there's not a sound you can hear except for the sound of the waves from the pool and the water bubbling through the pool holes underneath.

"What are friends for?" He smiles. I laugh.

"Couldn't sleep?" I ask him genuinely concerned. His smile fades into a thin line.

"You got me there."

"You want to talk about it?"

"Not really..I mean it's..stupid really..."

"What is?" Let me tell you what he says next does something to me I've never felt before. Something sinks. My heart maybe. Possibly.

"This..girl.." my eyes fall to his exposed chest. And then to his butterfly tattoo just below. I don't say anything. What's there to say anyways? "Kiara?" Shit.

"Yeah?" I force myself to make eye contact. I don't know what happened in the past few seconds but it's hard to look him in the eye. It hurts.

"You just spaced out for a minute." he says

"Oh. Sorry. Please continue." I say, trying to erase the last few seconds from my mind.

"You know how someone you could just take over your mind twenty-four-seven? I think she is doing something to me and it's driving me crazy everyday..."