Chapter 7

Christmas morning!

I yawn and get up almost instantly, wiping the sleep off my eyes. I look at my right and see the opened gift box of books Harry got me and I smile. Which also reminds me I have to see if I could get Mathews to get me to the mall today. I'm obviously not gonna just not buy him anything when he got me something. I wash my face and brush my teeth and walk out of the room to go downstairs. 

"Merry Christmas, Kiara" I smile when I see Josie setting up the table. 

"Merry Christmas, Jose" I smiled and helped her set the table. "How was the party last night?" I ask her since Harry hasn't come down yet. 

"It was a good party." She says and I agree with her. Just then her focus moves behind me and she smiles. 

"Good morning, Harry dear. Merry Christmas" she says and I smile turning around. 

"Merry Christmas, Josie" he says, his voice thick from sleep I think but it's still so nice. "Good morning, Kiara" he says and I smile, greeting him the same and we take our seats across from each other. "So, what do you do on Christmas?" He starts off and I quickly munch my food. 

"I don't really do much. Just hang out in my room. Sometimes I go to the park and wait there all day" I tell him and he nods his head not asking me a lot of details and I'm grateful. "What about you?" I ask him. 

"The boys and I go out. We just spend time at one of our houses and then go to the club in the night and yeah." He says and I smile. "It's snowing out" he says and I look up at him. 

"I see that."

"You done?" He asks and gestures to my almost empty plate. 

"Sort of yeah" I tell him and he gets up and stretches his hand out. 

"Come on" he says and I take his hand and we both walk to the living room. 

"The Christmas tree is really nice isn't it?" I say and he smiles nodding his head. 

"Yeah I wonder who put it up" he says and I laugh. 

"It's that super tall person with brown curls! And also who is super cocky..." he laughs before I could even finish what I was saying and before I know it he has me up on his shoulder making me scream. 

"Put me down, Harry!" I say but he just laughs and puts me on the sofa and starts tickling me and I laugh so hard. "Stop!" I scream in between my laughs but he doesn't stop. "Okay, okay, I take that back!" I say trying to get him to stop. 

"Take what back?" He counters and I groan. 

"Please stop" I say and he does thankfully and I breathe. "Phew!" Before he could do or say anything I ran away to the higher side of the room and he looked at me surprised but smirked and chased me around the house. I screamed when he almost caught me but I somehow escaped and ran to the lobby. I stop when I don't see him but when I do I run outside forgetting that it'll be cold out. 

Harry still follows and stops in his tracks when he sees me in the snow. 

"You just gave me a fantastic idea!" He says. Oh no. 

"Oh yeah?" I challenge him and bend down and take a fistful of snow and make a ball. "You ready Harry?" I ask and he smirks. I take that as a 'go' sign and throw the ball of snow directly at him and it hits his chest. 

"Bullseye!" I shout in victory and he laughs and I forget to focus "but he takes that as his cue and hits me with a bigger snowball. Great. I lose balance and fall on the snow covered ground.

"Bullseye!" He shouts and I roll my eyes playfully and get up. "Oh you're up. Come and get me!" He says like the ten year old he is and runs. I laugh to myself before making an even bigger snowball in my hands and run behind him and shoot.