Chapter 20

*Harry's POV*

"I didn't know you baby-talk!"

We both burst out laughing and then the conversation ends with both of us imitating celebrities' accents all the way to our rooms before we bid each other good night. I couldn't even get to ask her if she'd want to go to dinner with me since it's my birthday. Maybe I'll ask her tomorrow.

For some reason, I wasn't falling asleep. It's not that I was 'excited' because tomorrow is my birthday but I just didn't so I just let time slip by just staring at the tiled ceiling for several seconds until I give up and walk out of my room to grab something from downstairs. 

I smile as I see my coffee mug in the fridge and grab it along with a packet of chips and jog up the stairs and walk in the hallway towards my room until I mindlessly bump into something and the next thing I know is I'm met with the floor covered with what tastes like chocolate cake. 

"Oh my goodness!" I hear a shriek and look up. 

"Kiara? What on earth are you doing?" I ask but laugh slightly at her state. She looks petrified. 

"I uh- I-" she stutters in search of words while I lick my lips. 

"Hey-is that chocolate?" I smirk and take a swipe of chocolate from my t-shirt and lick it. 

"Yes..." she sighs and I smile. 

"Oh. Ohhh, I see what's going on" realisation hits me and I smirk again. She sighs again and runs her hands in her hair. 

"You weren't supposed to know" she says softly, avoiding my stare.

"I know, I'm sorry" I couldn't help but smile at the thought that she was up to something for me. 

"It's not your fault." She sighs. "What are you doing here anyway?" She asks and I laugh while she smiles. 

"Couldn't sleep" I say

"Too excited for tomorrow?" Now she's the one smirking. 

"Not really" I shake my head with a slight smile and I notice her frown a little.

"Let me help you with that" she crawls to me and starts wiping my chin and chest with her top. I slip out my tongue to lick a little chocolate she missed on my chin and she laughs. She then traces her fingers on my sparrow tattoo, probably forgetting about wiping the chocolate off. I watch her staring at my inked skin for a good two minutes before she realises what she's doing and backs away a little.

"Uh-sorry-I didn't mean to"

"It's alright love" I give her a smile and she nods. 

"I'll um, meet you downstairs..." she quickly says before getting up and rushing down with the smashed cake. Good thing it didn't fall over the floor because then that would've just made things worse. 

I sit for a minute or two and smile like an idiot at what just happened and finally get up and walk to my room to wash off and change.

I don't take too long because the anticipation of going down is killing me and making me smile like a teenager. I don't even know what's happening and here I am smiling just thinking about it. Kiara may not even be planning anything for me, maybe that was just a cake but her nervousness earlier just let me know that she's up to something and I can't wait to see what it is.

After quickly changing into a pair of cotton pants and a t-shirt and rush downstairs but halfway slow down to make it as if I'm just walking down the stairs. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I jump as my eyes widen at the sight in front of me.

"Happy birthday Harold!" Louis rushes to me giving me a bro hug but my focus is on the still nervous girl standing a few feet away from me. "You should really thank her" Louis whispers and I smile and slowly nod.