Chapter 4

*Harry's POV*

I was watching her finish off her plate a little too carefully than needed. Probably because of me. Am I that intimidating? I watch her, not in a creepy way but slowly as she wipes her mouth with the cloth and then looks at her plate and then mine and then looks up at me. 

"Uh..I'll take your plate" she says and takes it before I could even protest. She comes back after a few minutes wiping her hands slightly on her dress and stands behind the chair she was seated in. 

"Want to watch something?" I suggest and she smiles, nodding her head after. I lead her to the TV room and switch on the lights that brighten the dim lit room. "Now, what do you want to watch?" I stand in front of the TV table. 

"Anything's fine," she shrugs, taking a seat on the couch. 

"Come on! Tell me what's your favourite movie" I smile. 

"I don't have one.." she says, not really looking at me. 

"Okay. Have you watched Love Actually?" I asked her which is also my favourite movie. 

"No but isn't it a Christmas movie?" She smiles. I laugh. 

"Yeah but still!" I laughed even more. "Oh! What about Lion King?" I suggest and she actually looks at me surprised. "What? Not a good movie?" 

"No, it's an amazing movie. I just-was surprised" she admits and I smile without saying anything and search the movie and then walk to the couch and sit in the other corner leaving a space in between us. "I forgot something" I realised. 

"What is it?" 

"Popcorn" I said and she chuckled, making me smile. "I'll go get it. And do you want anything? Chips? A drink? Wine, maybe?" 

"Anything is fine, Mr. Styles"  she smiles and I nod, walking to the fridge in the kitchen. She said anything so...bringing chips and wine and popcorn isn't that bad right? I grab two glasses from the cabinet and walk back to the TV room to find her leaning against the couch. 

"I'm back" I chuckle and set everything on the table in front of us. "Have some" I rip open the chips packets and hand her one. She gladly takes them just as I press 'play'. 

The movie started and if I'm being honest, my focus has always been shifted to her. I couldn't help it. I don't know if it's because I still can't believe what I did by inviting her, a total stranger into my house. I have never done any such thing in my entire life. And also, the fact that I haven't told the boys yet is making me think if I did something rash. 

Forget about the boys, but me just sitting a seat away on the couch and watching her watch the movie is just- weird. 

Suddenly I hear something vibrating that makes me turn towards the coffee table to see my phone ringing with Louis' photo flashed on the screen. 

"I'll be right back" I tell her and she nods, before leaving the room and walking towards the living room. 

"Ehh! Harold" Louis' forever cheerful voice rang through the phone. 

"Yes, Louis," I responded. 

"Hey man, we're going out for a drink? You're coming, right?" He says and then it hits me that today is Friday. I normally spend Friday nights with the boys at a new club every night for a drink or two and very rarely cancel. 

"Sorry man. I've got plans" 

"Who's the girl bro?" For a moment I got nervous, wondering how he got to know but then calmed down. 

"It's no girl business, Louis. Just got some work at the office" I tell him hoping he'll leave it at that. 

"Ahh, I see. We'll miss you man. See ya later then." He says and I say it back and hang up. 

I walk back to the TV room and find her there seated comfortably and falling asleep on the arm of the chair. I smile to myself and switch off the TV and just look at her debating in my head whether to wake her up or just carry her to her room or even leave her here. 

I decide on carrying her to her room even though I'm a little nervous. I slowly carry her in my arms and walk out the door just to be met with Josie. She smiles at me and I give her a nod before walking upstairs. When I reach her room I'm thankful it was slightly opened giving me the chance to open the door wider with my leg. I gently laid her on the bed and pulled the sheets over her and turned off the lights and left the room. 

I walked to my room and sat at the desk pushing some of my hair behind. I pulled out my journal, yes I own a journal. I turn to a new page and start writing about the events of today's day. 

I stopped when I realised I was writing about her. I wrote about how she had made dinner with the others and how I honestly felt special. I was a little sad though because she probably feels obliged and I don't want her to feel that way at all. I don't know what's with me these days but I feel protective of her now. I continue writing about how we watched a movie together, well kind of. I write about her features and realised that was stupid. I just crossed out that part and closed the book and put it away under my drawer. 

I glanced at the calendar to see that November is coming to an end in just a few days and soon it'll be December and then the end of the year. Wow- why does time have to fly so fast? 

And just like that I fall flat on my bed turning the lamp light off and falling into a deep sleep.