Chapter 5

It's been a week and a few days since I've known Kiara and she's been going out of her way by just working with the maids and Josie. The other day she tripped on her feet thankfully only on the last five steps of the staircase. She didn't get injured but she did say her back hurts but I know that isn't the only place that's hurting. 

It's funny how fast she has gotten familiar with things and how fast she has gotten friendly with everybody in the house. I'm happy she isn't the opposite to be honest. I'm glad she is feeling safe here. We still haven't talked a lot about that day and it's not that I want her to push her to talk about it but I'm curious. You could say I'm getting curious by the day. 

"Styles!" I hear the boys walk in my office. 

"Ever heard of knocking?" I sarcastically say but give them each a hug as a greeting. "What's up?" 

"Not again, Harold!" Zayn scolds and I look at him confused. "Have you forgotten Louis' birthday?" He says, obviously not happy that I forgot the whole birthday plan. 

"Oh shit! No, I remember. So we're having it at my house?" I make sure and they nod their heads at that. "Okay. I can get the cake ready and the food. Can you guys handle the guests and all?" I ask them. 

"On it already" Liam says and the others just pull out their phones and tell a few other friends of ours and Louis' family and of course Eleanor, his girlfriend. 

It's three days until Louis' birthday. I did remember yesterday but I don't know why it didn't come to my head today. Well, today is Monday and the start of the week. Plus since Christmas is coming up too this week, there's been a few delayed work to get done and that has been a little frustrating because most of the workers are going on vacation. 

"Okay so when Niall comes here, just tell him to call the party people. And Zayn can you get the bartender organised? Cool. And Liam, just make sure all of his family is informed, yeah?" I tell the guys and I get back to my work and tell my assistant to call some five star restaurant to order the food and I call one of my favourite cake shops to order the cake. 

"Uh hi. My name is Harry Styles and I'd like to order a cake for about a hundred odd people please." I explain the details of the cake, the colour and the structure etc and inform them I need it at noon on the 24th. "Okay the cake is ordered. I just need somebody to pick it up." I tell the boys who are now seated in the conference room. 

"I'll do it" Zayn says, raising his hand and I nod at him thankfully. 

"Thanks" I say before getting back to office work. 

*Kiara's POV*

"Josie! Wait up!" I rushed to where Josie was walking towards the entrance of the house. She's going to her family for the December holidays and in a long time I feel sad when you have to experience your friends going away for the holidays and you have to wait a month to see them again for the next semester. 

"Ah, Kiara!  What is it dear?" She asks kindly, landing her suitcase on the ground. 

"I never got to say bye. I'm sorry." I said, a little new to saying things like this. "Have a good holiday, Jose" I smiled knowing the fact that she likes the nickname I've given her. 

"You too, love. I'm expecting you to put on a little once I'm back" she smiles playfully and I laugh. 

"Will have to see haha" I smiled and hugged her and wished her a Merry Christmas before letting her go in the car that waited by the gates. I sighed and walked back into the warmth of the living room. I looked up at the clock by the other side of the room that read '5.07'. Mr. Styles is going to be here in two hours. 

Speaking of Mr. Styles. It's been some time since I've been here and to be honest I've completely forgotten that I have to start looking for flats or a place to stay. It just completely slipped my mind as now I've become totally comfortable with staying here even though it's been less than a month. 

There hasn't been any trace of my father or brother ever since that day and I'm grateful for it. I can finally breathe a little without having to hold it again. 

Being here, I've got myself friends with almost everybody here and it feels nice to have people to make sure you're safe-okay maybe not totally but at least they're not behind me on everything or anything like that. 

"Where's Kiara?" I heard from a distance. 

"In here" I approached Mr. Styles from the living room. "How was work Mr. Styles?" I smiled. He returned it, loosening his tie. 

"Had a lot of work since you know-end of the year work and all" he says walking to the stairs and I follow. "Oh and which reminds me...I'd like you to meet some of my friends. If you're alright with that?" He says looking behind him for a moment. I stopped on one of the stairs processing his words. 

"Meeting your friends?" I clarified. 

"Yeah. Been friends since highschool" he says. "It's ok if you don't want to..." he says seconds later. 

"No no...it's totally ok." I smile. 

"I'll understand if you change your mind" he says and I nod with a smile. And then he walks away to his room while I walk into my room and sit on the bed. 

In a week it'll be Christmas and then soon New year! I'm excited about having a new start in life but it still does have a little weirdness that I'm spending it in a whole different way I hadn't known or dreamt about at all. Now that just popped an idea in my head. I have go get Mr. Styles something. But what is the question. I don't even know him that well to know what he likes. Now I've got something I'd have to think about for the next two days. 

I look over my shoulder at the clock and see that it's already past six thirty. And just then I hear knocking on my door. 

"You coming for dinner?" I open the door to a freshly showered Mr. Styles. 

"Yes" I smile and walk with him downstairs to the dining table.

"So Kiara...can I ask you something?" He starts off with the conversation. 

"Anything, Mr. Styles" 

"Now, I don't want you to feel like I'm trying to send you off or anything but do you go to your family or anything for Christmas?" He asks. Carefully, might I add. 

"No sir and I know it's high time I find a place for myself. I'm sorry. I'll work on it first thing tomorrow. No, when I get to my room." I say and he grabs my hand. 

"Hey no. I'm not stopping you from leaving or anything but to be honest….I think it's best if you stay here a little longer." He says and I just stare at him not knowing what to say. 

"Can I um..can I be honest with you, Mr. Styles?" I ask, a little hesitant. 

"Of course Kiara," he assured me. 

"I do feel safe here and even to find places for me to live...I'm honestly not ready...yet. I know I am safe here and I like all of your people and all the love I've shown me...I just-I just don't  want to go...yet?" I say truthfully and I see him smiling and even notice his dimples indenting. 

"I'm happy that you feel that way and I'm not stopping you from staying here. You have my word. And like I said from the beginning. Don't feel scared or obliged to talk to me about anything." He says and I smile really happy that I was able to be honest with him.

"Thank you, Mr. Styles" he nods with a smile and continues eating his food.