Chapter 34

*Kiara's POV*

"Mason" I say once and he stops what he's doing. I sigh, picking him up and walking to the living room to see Hailey passed out with a story book on her stomach.

"Was it chocolates again?" I look up to see Adam walking down the stairs. I nod and grab the pillow for Mason and rock him in my arms to lull him to sleep.

Mason falls asleep within minutes. I smile at the sleeping four-year-old sleeping peacefully in my arms.

"You love them don't you?" I look up at Adam as he asks the question.

"I do," I whisper. He smiles nodding his head understandingly.

"You know if you want you could spend time with them if you want...if that helps to cheer you up" he offers. I smile.

"I'd love that"

"They love you too, Kiara." he says, making my eyes well up. "The other day Mason wanted you to tuck him in and read him his favourite book. That big red dog one" he says, making me smile so much.

"I'll start making dinner" I say and slowly lay Mason on the sofa adjacent to the one Hailey is sleeping on.

"I can help," Adam offers, standing up already.

"Thanks but I think I'll be fine" I say softly not to be impolite.

"I'll keep you company then" he says. I smile.

"Okay" I agree and reach for the cabinets to get the pasta out but fail.

"Here" he gets it for me. I would normally get onto the slab and then retrieve whatever I have to get from the upper cabinets.

"What do you want me to add in the pasta for today?"

Our conversations go from talking about his life with the kids and school stuff to profound stuff about life and a couple of distinctive subjects.

+

"I'll be there in ten minutes, I'm on my way" I tell her and then hang up, looking at the time. It's half past 7 and me, Aleesha, Georgia and Meredith decided to go shopping at the mall and to have some girl-time since the exams in school are finally over. "Thanks" I smile at the cab driver after paying him and walking up the few stairs to the entrance of the mall.

"Kiara!" I'm quickly approached by the girls, one by one greeting me with a hug.

"So we were thinking maybe we could eat something, catch up and all and then shop. Sounds good?" Georgia asks eagerly.

"Yeah" I smile and then we walk to the escalator. "The food court is...on the first floor..we have to go down" I laugh when I realise.

"Damn these fellows for having the entrance on the second floor. Who does that?" Georgia cuses, causing us to laugh a little as we wait till we reach the third floor to go back down on the escalator that goes down.

"I heard Anthony got promoted. Congrats" I bring up, noticing Georgia blush a little.

"Yeah, he uh..I have to tell you guys something" she suddenly says which makes the three of us grow concerned.

"What is it?" Aleesha asks our friend.

"You guys know Anthony got promoted. He got a promotion in his position in the company, a higher position...he has to move to Vegas top work though" she concludes.

"Wait, really? So that means," I put the pieces together. "You're going too?" I ask her, partly expecting a yes from her. She nods her head, looking down.

"That's amazing! Apart from the fact that you'll be leaving us soon" Meredith says and I agree.

"Are you guys mad?" Georgia asks.