Chapter 46

KIARA

"What do you mean 'leave'?" I squeak. My tears are at the brim of my eyes I'm sure. I hate emotions. I really do.

"Kiara...you have to understand me.."

"I don't understand Harry. Why do you have to leave?" Questions keep spinning in my head, giving me a headache. He sighs before answering, leaving me speechless.

"I have nothing here anymore. I need a fresh start. We-" he pauses, pinching his nose as he inhales and then looks at me briefly. "We don't get along anymore," he says, looking towards the garden. I swallow my gasp. I can't even believe this is happening.

The next few minutes I think I hear him talking about his flight and how he'll be leaving tomorrow as early as possible and that I could have the house-

"No."

"No?" he repeats, shooting me a confused look. I don't make eye contact.

"No. I can't stay here." I say, more like whisper.

"Why? I'm leaving. I won't be here to bother you. It'll be like we never met. You'll be safe here and well taken care of. I'll send you a check. It'll be like we never met each other." I wince as his words cut to me like a knife.

And then the worst happens. I painfully sob.

"Kiara.." I instinctively push my hands forward knowing Harry too well enough to know he'll most likely hold me as I cry. And I don't want that. That'll just make the pain worse than it already is and I can't take it anymore. It's too much.

"I'm sorry! I know I'm so late-I'm so late. Please! Don't leave. Don't leave because of me." I cry, walking towards the other end of the living room, putting more distance between us because it's painful to even look at him.

"I can't. I have to. It's my decision. I have to leave.." He inches closer and I almost chock on my own breath.

"It's all my fault. I'll leave." My breath hitches as I watch him come closer with every word that leaves my mouth. I'm helpless.

"You can't leave." he says, his face inches away from mine. My eyes close naturally at the intesity of the moment. I can't handle another inch of him. He has a tendency to consume me fully and lately it's been faster every time we are near each other.

"I can. And I will. It'll be like.." tears start flowing furiously as I remember his words. His painful words. Words that are enough to break me and leave me shattered for the rest of my life and no person or thing can cure the wound. It's just him. "..we never met each other." I'm full of tears that can't seem to end and he's watching me with every painful second that passes.

"Why wouldn't you tell me about the other night?" I almost laugh at his question not because I find it funny but because that's the last thing I wanted him to ask.

"Because..because I was drunk-" he covers my mouth, closing the little gap between us. I'm leaning against the wall and there's nothing blocking us. It's just us in the room.

"Tell me, you felt it too." I'm not sure if my own mind is playing tricks on me at this point. It definitely is because this is supposed to be Harry right now, he wants to leave. Not almost tell me he feels everything I feel for him.

"I don't know what I felt.."

"Kiara.." he sighs and I feel it everywhere. "I know you know what happened that night."

"Harry-" I interject but he holds me, i freeze.

"No. Please tell me we felt something. Because we did. Don't avoid it..don't"

"Harry please." I cry silently. I can't do this with him. I don't know what's stopping me so much from admitting that I love him with everything that I am even when I don't really deserve him but something huge is stopping me and I don't think I can escape it.

"S-sorry.." his face falls, breaking my heart.

"I know this may sound stupid but I want you to stay.." I finally say after what feels like forever.

"You want me to stay? Why?" he asks, his eyes pouring onto mine.

"I do. Because, you can't leave Harry. You just can't." I can't believe I'm trying to convince him to stay when he has all the right to leave.

"Kiara, listen to me. You must know for sure that the other night was no ordinary accident. We felt something. Something sparked between us. Drunk or not, I know you felt it too. And yes, ever since that day we have chosen to not mention it. We avoid each other and then we're put back together in some scenario again. I've tried avoiding it, I've really tried but I can't."

"Harry-"

"Please let me finish. I can't stay here anymore. I need space. And I want you to understand that I need to leave. It's for the best. Unless otherwise you give me a valid reason for me to stay, I'm going, Kiara. I'm sorry." he whispers the last part and looks at me, his mouth opens but then closes a few times and then he finally settles but only after placing a kiss on my forehead and looking at me for a few more moments and then leaving me in the living room.

I breakdown.

This is the end. My thoughts confirm when I hear his car driving out of the gate and I fall into a pile on the marble floor, sobbing into my legs feeling bitterly and completely hopeless.

I broke us apart and that's cost me him and now that he's gone I can't seem to breathe anymore. He was the one keeping me sane and normal all these months and now. I can't feel anything but just a void consuming me slowly, slowly.

I can't stay here another second, so I pack my suitcase. The house only is going to add up to all the mess and most likely make me go bonkers being constantly reminded of him. I obviously can't stay here. I'll bury myself alive.

So, I leave.

Dear Harry,

My savior. My knight in shining armour. My rescue. My safe place. My happy place.

I just wanted to tell you one last time that I've never been so grateful for you as I am now. These past so many months we've known each other, you giving me a home to go to. You letting me (a complete nobody into your home) in and taking care of me and helping me live again. Breathe again without having to worry about my tomorrow or what comes next. Thank you for helping me live my life and get it to where it is today. I'm sorry I can't repay you for the millions of favours you've done for me but know that I'll cherish you and be grateful for every moment I've spent with you.

If you're reading this, don't look for me in the house or anywhere else because I won't be there. And please don't go looking for me. Don't waste your time asking Josie or the boys because they don't know. I've left and I just wanted you to know that there's always going to be a piece of you I'll carry forever.

You, Harry, are one of the most unexpected happenings to ever happen in my life. I would've never thought I'd get to meet someone with a heart as big as yours. You have the biggest heart as the size of the whole universe and knowing that you would do anything for the world...I'm such a lucky woman to have met you.

Don't look for me. I'm not worth it. I realise that now and I'm glad I did instead of sticking through a year and then...

I don't want to leave you to be honest because Harry, you..

You particularly are the only reason I wake up every morning and get through the day.

I wish you all the best and hope you get the best from what this world has to offer.

All my love,

Kiara

*

Heads up. This book is 4 chapters away from the end! 4!! I can't believe it's come this far when really I thought it wouldn't even reach to where it is. Thank you for staying this far for two years!! 

See you in the next chapter :)

Leave your comments and vote, thank you<3