Chapter 18

*Kiara's POV*

"I'll see you girls at six yeah?" I call while walking backwards to the entrance.

"Yup! At six, my place. I'll send you the pin love" Aleesha says and I give her a thumbs up before all three of them walk to their cars after bidding us goodbyes.

I pull out my phone while walking to school just as I hear my name being called. Daniel. He's walking towards me with his bag hanging on one of his shoulders. 

"Heyy" I smile when he reaches me. 

"Hey. How are you going home?" He asks but before I can answer he says, "I can drop you at your place..." he offers. 

"Oh no thank you. My ride will arrive soon." I tell him politely and he nods. "Have any plans for the weekend? Oh wait, did I ask you that already?" I laugh to myself. 

"Not quite sure" he laughs too but continues, "I'm thinking of visiting a children's home. I usually do it once a month." He says. 

"That's so nice of you. Tell me next time when you visit them, I want to join you" I tell him, surprising both him and myself. 

"Of course" he smiles and then unlocks his car. "I'll see you Monday, Kiara" he says and gets in his car but lowers the shutter. 

"See you Monday" I smile and wave as he leaves the school parking lot. Just then Mathews pulls up and I get in.

"Good afternoon Kiara" he greets me just as I climb into the car. 

"Good afternoon, Mathews. The weather, man! How has your day been so far?" I ask him like I usually do. 

"Yes, the weather, it'll last for about a month or two I suppose. About my day, well besides the heat, it's been good" he smiles through the rear-view mirror. I return it. "How was your day at school?" 

"It was good. I really like it here. The kids are amazing! And even the older kids, they're well disciplined and friendly." I go on about the school and my friends and my classes during the day for the twenty minute ride home.

"Thank you Mathews" I smile when I get down from the car and walk towards the entrance.

I run up to my room and quickly take a shower sigh cold water that instantly relaxes my body and change into a comfortable cotton frock I wear for home and walk downstairs for lunch. 

"Kiara, hey! How was your day?" Josie approaches me from the kitchen with a dish and places it on the table. 

"It was good. Oh and I'll be out today. Gonna watch a movie with my friends. I'll be back for dinner." I tell her and she nods with a smile. 

"Have fun, love. You go ahead and eat, I'm gonna go make sure things are okay with the girls" she tells me and walks away while I sit and serve myself a plate of food. 

Once I was full, I covered the leftover food and washed my plate and some of the other dishes and put them away in their cabinets and went up to my room. 

I pulled out a simple lavender dress that has short puffy sleeves and is tight around my waist and then flows up to my ankles with a slit starting right from my knee. I do like dresses with slits, yes.

I keep my sandals ready and my bag and plug my phone to charge after putting an alarm to get up at 4:15 to get up and get ready. 

-

Just when I hear my alarm ringtone playing, I get up and dismiss it and take a quick body wash since I showered already and slipped on the dress and got ready to leave. I texted Harry saying I'll be out once he comes home and that I'll be home for dinner.