Chapter 44

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

I dismiss the alarm and lazily get out of bed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes just to find mascara streaks on my hands. Great. Another day to deal with waterproof mascara in the morning.

I quickly take a shower and get dressed for work and do my makeup and start blow drying my hair when my phone starts ringing. I sigh and pause blow drying my hair and get to answering my phone.

Georgia

It's her last day in London. The past few days we've made sure we spend every free minute together so we wouldn't regret anything later.

"Good morning," I smile, holding the phone between my ear and shoulder as I strap my heels.

"Good morning sunshine. How did you sleep?" she asks, like she does everyday. One of the things that keeps me going everyday to be honest.

"Good." I say and try to believe it for my sake. "Are you on the way to work?" I ask her as I touch up on my makeup making sure my eyes don't look puffy from all the crying in the night.

"Breakfast is ready Kiara." I jump at the sudden voice but calm down when I see it's only Elizabeth. I silently thank her, telling her I'll be down soon and pack my work bag.

"Yes. I'll be there in twenty minutes. Can we catch breakfast together? M and Issa said they're fine." she tells me as I ponder if i should iron my hair for a change or leave it loose for today.

"I'm in. I'll see you in twenty then?" We both bid our goodbyes and hang up and then toss my phone and wallet in my bag and grab the ironer.

Ten minutes later, I examine myself in the mirror and smile at my reflection satisfied with how I look and then make my way downstairs for a quick breakfast.

"Bye guys. I'll see you all in the evening. Oh wait no. I might be at Georgia's. Have a good day!" I say and then run in my heels outside.

Thankfully Mateo sees me and helps me get in the car. In the backseat where Harry is seated.

"Good morning," I say awkwardly.

"Good morning." he nods and turns his gaze away from me. But then look at me again. I watch how his eyes scan my face and then move to my hair and then move to my face again. "Your hair looks nice." he says curtly.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself.." I compliment him.

"Are you going out or something?" This is the longest we've talked in the past week so I'm a little taken aback.

"No. Well, yes, sort of. Georgia is leaving for Las Veges tonight. So we might go out."

"Tell her I wish her a safe flight. Anthony too."

"Kiara dear," Mateo calls and I look ahead to see we're in the parking lot of the school.

"I will. Have a good day, Harry." I quickly say and almost try to kiss him goodbye on the cheek but decide against it and get out of the car as fast as I can. "Thank you, Mateo. Have a good day." I smile and wave before walking toward the entrance.

"Kiara! Perfect timing." Georgia appears behind me and we exchange kisses and walk together towards the lift.

"I know. Harry wishes you and Anthony a safe flight." I say before I forget.

"Oh thank you. Wait, is it just me or did you do your hair?" She looks me up and down, and touches my hair a little. I smile.

"I thought of going straight for a change," I say casually just when we realise we haven't pressed the floor button and laugh about it.