33. Surprise! Surprise!

***Siya's POV.***

I look at the phone, then at the clock, then again at the phone, then again at the clock. Only 60 seconds to go. Then I would call Karan and would be the first one to wish him a happy birthday, even before he could.

My heart is pounding with anticipation, and my finger is hovering above the call button of his name as I count down the time...

10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4...

Ring Ring!

"Why did you call me, Karan?" I whine as soon as I pick up the call.

He laughs as he says, "I knew you must be counting down seconds to call me, so I called you just in time. Happy birthday, my love."

I sigh and say with a pout, "Happy birthday to you too, Karan."

"Arey! No endearments for me." He asks, and I roll my eyes with a smile.

"No, my love." I say, and he chuckles.

"Happy birthday, Sissy." My room door bursts open and enters Shravan with our parents.

I put my phone away and say, "Happy birthday to you too, lil' bro!"

"Happy birthday, my babies!" Mom says and hugs us both and lays a peck on both of our cheeks.

"Here is to turning 26 to you both!" Dad says and hands us each a glass of champagne.

Dad kisses my cheek and I know this is the perfect time, so I just say it, "Dad, it is my birthday but I have decided to give you a gift."

"And what is that?" He asks with a confused smile.

I put down the glass and skip towards the bedside table and take out an envelope from it. I walk back to him and hand him over the envelope and gesture to him to open it. He looks at Mom who shrugs in confusion while Shravan peeks over his shoulder.

He opens the envelope and I nervously bite my lip when he frowns but then he looks up and asks, "Is this true?"

"Yes." I say.

"Oh, it is... Oh... I am so happy, Siya." Dad says and takes me in a bear hug and twirls me around.

"What is it?" Mom asks.

"Tell us too." Shravan demands.

"Siya has accepted my offer to become CFO." Dad says cheerfully.

"Correction. I am applying for the post." I say.

"Oh, you will get it." Dad says.

"Dad!" I glare up at him.

"I am not the one recruiting. And whoever will surely see a talented person like you gets the post." Dad says.

"But it is good news. If you become CFO, Karan has to get your approval before approving any projects, right?" Shravan asks.

"Not entirely. He will need the full report, not my approval." I say, "But yeah I still hold the power."

"I don't care who holds the power. The only thing I know is my daughter is taking steps towards success. That she will keep moving forward until she one day reaches her goal." Mom says and gives me a side hug.

"Cheers to Siya!" Shravan says, raises his glass.

After a few minutes, Mom says, "Now enough of this. Go to bed."

"Mom! The party hasn't even started." Shravan complains.

"Yes, it hasn't. It will start tomorrow. You both need your rest, then you have to go to temple early in the morning. Also your Dad needs his rest. Now go to bed." Mom says.