22. Terribly Wrong.

***Karan's POV.***

"Get out!" I say loudly and Nidhi looks at me like I am speaking to a wall.

"What?" She asks.

"Just leave, Nidhi." I say.

"But why me?" She asks.

"Look I am not in the state to explain things, so just leave." I say.

"Fine." She says and starts to leave.

"Stop." I say and she looks at me with a smile, "My apron."

"What is this with an apron, anyway?" She says as she removes it.

"It is my favorite gift." I say, "And also, apologize."

"Why? What did I do to you?" She asks.

"Not me. Apologize to Siya. You said something very mean to her." I say.

"But..." She says but then stops as if she realizes something. She turns to Siya after a few seconds and says, "Well, it was really mean of me to say something like that, so... I am sorry... really."

Siya looks down and says, "That's fine."

"Look, I was just being-" Nidhi goes to say but I interrupt her.

"Nidhi, you should go now." I say.

She looks at us for a few seconds, then says, "Okay. Let me know if you need anything."

I say nothing, and she leaves. My eyes go back to Siya who hasn't moved at all. I was aware of the moment she entered the house and told Nidhi to leave. I opened my eyes and was going to ask her to calm down, but then I saw Nidhi wearing the apron and I knew what Siya must be feeling at that moment.

I thought they would just taunt each other like always, but then it escalated a little too much and I didn't like what Nidhi said to Siya about her being useless. Siya and useless? That's the most stupid thing I have ever heard and so baseless. I can literally give proof of the opposite.

I would not have been harsh or so emotional in giving a command for Nidhi to get out, but then I saw it. The single tear rolling down Siya's cheek and I knew the stupid had taken Nidhi's words way too seriously, and it didn't sit well with me.

Is Siya that much insecure in our relationship and if so, then how come I failed to notice? I know it has just been four days since we started dating, but it is too short of a time for Siya to have such a stupid thought and even stupider of me to forget that deep inside, Siya always has been an overthinker.

"Siya..." I call out to her and she looks at me with a blank look on her face.

"You should be lying down, Karan." She says.

"Come here." I say, and she blinks her eyes then walks up to me. As soon as she comes to stand in front of me, I pull her down by hand then flick her forehead, "Stupid."

"What was that for?" She asks as she rubs her head.

"When did you become like this, Siya?" I ask.

"Like what?" She asks in confusion.

"Doubtful of yourself. You used to beat anyone who made you doubt yourself. So how come you didn't give an answer to Nidhi when she said something so... incorrect?" I say.

"But was it an incorrect assumption? I mean..." She says and looks away, "I don't know what a girlfriend should do when her boyfriend is sick. I am kind of useless to you right now."

I frown and grab her chin and make her look up at me and ask, "I didn't take you for such an insecure person, Siya. What happened to you?"

Her lips wobble a little, then she gulps down her tears and says, "You. You happened to me."