25. Come Home.

***Siya's POV.***

"So you are not coming home for dinner because your father scolded you?" Mom asks me, and I sigh loudly.

"No. I am not coming home for dinner because my friend told me to meet her for dinner." I say as I pack my bag, "And how come you know that Dad scolded me?"

"I know everything." Mom says, "Come home, Siya. Your father would take your absence as a sign that you are upset with him."

"I am not upset with him but myself as I failed him and Dadu terribly. So yeah, I am furious. But I am not making excuses to come home. The plan to meet my friend was made way before all of this even happened. I can't just ditch her now." I say.

"But, Siya..." Mom says and I feel like a jerk to say no to her again. Maybe I should go home today.

"Siya..." I hear a knock on the door and turn to see it is Dad.

"Dad! What are you doing? I thought you would be home by now." I say.

"Your Dad is there. See I told you he would be worried." Mom says.

"Mom... Stop worrying." I say.

"Impossible for that to happen in this lifetime." Dad says with a tight smile.

"Put the phone on speaker." Mom says.

"Mom-" I say, but she doesn't listen to me.

"Put it on." She says and I do so.

"Say." I say.

"I don't care if the President is meeting you for dinner. I want you both home for dinner. That's it. And if you both miss out, you both will never get food made by me, like ever. Got it?" Mom says and our eyes widen.

"We will be there, love." Dad says and I make a face.

"Good. Siya?" Mom asks.

I sigh heavily and give up as I say, "Fine. I will cancel my plan and come home."

"Good. Then I will make something extra special." Mom says and hangs up.

"The company's CEO shouldn't come to meet me in my cabin." I say as I look at the random file.

"It is past 6 and I am not a boss anymore but a father. And I am here to pick up my daughter from her work so we can go home together." Dad says.

"I am not a baby anymore and I have my own car." I say, "Also, I have some work."

"Even after you packed your bag." He says and raises his brow in question.

"Well, that was for... something." I say, failing to make an excuse.

"Are you upset with me?" He asks.

"No." I say.

"I am not your Mom, Siya. And even she knows it is impossible for you to not get angry at me when I scold you." He says.

"Well, it was for my own good." I say.

He sighs, then says, "I don't want to talk about it here. Let's go home. Shall we?"

"Fine. Let me just make a call." I say.

"I will wait for you in the car. Give me your car key. Your Raju uncle will bring it home." He says.

"Do you really think I will take a risk to skip on Mom's threatened dinner date for the family?" I ask and roll my eyes, "But... here. Take it. Just so you can be assured that I am coming home."