2. Karan Nanda.

***Karan's POV.***

"Honey, your tea is ready. Where is my tea, son?" Pa asks and I look at him and roll my eyes.

"Seriously, sometimes I wonder did you bring me into this world to cook and clean for you guys?" I say.

"Why wonder when it is the truth?" He says and I shake my head at him as I serve him breakfast and his tea, "Come on, son. It is for your own good. One day your wife would appreciate your talents."

"That she will." I say and remove my apron, "I don't know why am I wasting my talents on you both."

"Well, go away like Adu and we won't ask you to do it. Also, it will give Anu and me some privacy." He says.

"And leave a maid to the horror of my parents' romance?" I ask and he looks up with a frown, "Sorry, Pa. I am not cruel like you. So I will stay."

"You are such a spoilsport. Your mother and I are appropriately romantic." He says.

"Yeah. Kissing each other in your son's room is appropriate, and then kissing in the hall is appropriate, and kissing in front of my entire team... is appropriate." I say.

"When did that happen?" He asks as he eats breakfast.

"When Mum came home after her week-long conference and you attacked her in the study where we were in the middle of discussing a deal and I wanted your input. For days, my senior saw me and gave me that stupid, sly smile." I say and drink my black coffee as I read my today's schedule.

"Maybe that's because he doesn't have an active love life like mine. Learn from me, son, because one day you will have a wife too and all they want is a husband who looks happy just by hearing their name." He says.

"And also loads and loads of pampering, right?" I ask and pause for him to reply and he sighs heavily and nods, "Good that you were honest. We all know that Mum is nothing but a big baby."

"And you are nothing but a big man in a small child." Mum says and gives me a loud kiss on the cheek.

"Mum, I am a grown man now." I say and wipe my cheek.

"Aww! You are, but not enough, dear. I can still hide your toys." She says.

"You are such a bully sometimes, Mum." I say.

"Well, I have to be, so my kids will only fear me and no one else." She says and Pa chokes on the paratha he just ate and snouts, "Stop laughing, Kush. I am serious."

"Darling, you could be anything but scary. No, you can be scary, but you spoil it by your cute nature." Pa says and I hide my smile.

"What cute nature? I am scary. Okay. Or do I need to prove it? Again?" She asks, glaring at Pa.

"No, dear. I am scared enough for life. Scare our kids and then their kids." He says and I roll my eyes at him again but with a smile.

I am Karan Nanda, son of Anu and Kush Nanda. My mother is a pediatrician and my father is a businessman or was one. He recently retired and now teaches some business lessons online while my mother has her own cabin in the top hospital of Chandigarh. I have a little sister too.

Adya Nanda. Sweet and the most honest person on earth. She is wise beyond her age. Or that's what Pa says to cover up the fact that he bumped Adu's head on a wall by mistake. She is working as an intern in Mumbai after Mum insisted on it, then she will join her here in the hospital. She aspires to be a neurosurgeon.

While I aspire to be CEO of the Malhotra Empire. A big dream for a person like me who comes from a humble home. But this is not an impossible dream to have, is it? I mean, I have every quality any boss should have. Although I lack built-in talent like Siya, I do work very hard to make up for it.