36. Yours Truly, Bubby.

***Karan's POV.***

"Aarti, make sure you pay good attention to Mr. Verma's project. He is very strict about the quality." I warned her.

"I understand, Sir." Aarti says.

"Good. And also good work on the recent project. You proved it that I made the right choice. I knew from the beginning that you are a perfect candidate to take my place." I say.

"Even though I am eccentric." She says.

"Especially because you are eccentric." I say.

"Thank you for giving me this opportunity, Sir. I will try my best to surpass you." She says.

"That is a tough goal." I say, "But certainly achievable by someone like you. Okay. I will see you on Monday."

"Sure. And once again. Happy Birthday, Sir! May you always excel in everything you set your mind on." She says.

"Thank you, Aarti. Bye." I say and she hangs up.

It is 12 already and I am eagerly waiting for my gift to arrive so much so that I didn't even leave the house when Mum and Pa asked me to accompany them to the new apartment to see how the renovation work was going on.

I am thrilled with the gift they gave me. Even though they tried to convince me they bought it cheap years ago and gave it on rent, so their renovation was not costly. I am still going to look into it and help any way I can. But before that when I get my first salary, I will buy them a new car.

The old one is making weird noises and I want them to have a good and new one. Mum and Pa had a good career run, but they spent all their time saving up for our needs and future, so it is my responsibility to look after their needs and their future.

The doorbell rings and I bounce towards it and wonder, "Can't imagine I am getting excited to get my first gift as a boyfriend? What would it be?"

"Hi! I brought your gift." Says Siya with a sulky face.

"Wow, is this your gift? A sulking girlfriend. If so, it isn't new, Siya. I expected something fresh." I say teasingly and she glares at me, "Get in."

"Step aside." She says and I do and I finally see a big box beside her which she goes to pick up.

"Let me carry it for you." I say, but before I can move she stops.

"No. My surprise was almost ruined once, I won't let it be ruined again." She says exactly at that time a small sound comes.

"What's that?" I ask as I look outside, but find no one.

Siya's eyes widen and she says, "It is my new message ringtone of my phone. Now let's go."

I look at her suspiciously but follow her anyway after locking the door. She looks pretty today, like she always does when she wears something traditional. The ivory patiala suit is making her look... normal.

"What are you giggling about?" Siya asks, after putting the box on the coffee table.

"Nothing." I say with a cough.

She looks at me pointedly then smiles, "So, how did they react when they came to know about us?"

"Displeased." I say.

"What?!" She exclaims and I hear the sound again, "It's the ringtone."

I ignore the lie and say, "At me. They were displeased with me for making a joke about such a serious matter."

Then Rivals, Now Lovers.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें