20. Love Is In The Rain

***Siya's POV.***

"And the winner of the #CuteCouple contest is..." The host says as I sip at the hot tea.

"Karan Nanda and Siya Malhotra!" Both the hosts speak together.

"Yes! Take that." I say, looking at the couple next to us as they fume.

I flip my hair back and hear an, "Ouch!"

"Sorry, Karan." I say and rub his cheek.

"That's fine. I should have known. Your hair is as sharp as you are." He says.

I roll my eyes and say, "Come we have to take our prize."

"Well, I thought you wanted the cat pillow." Karan says.

"I do. But that's fine." I say.

We get on the stage and accept the cute couple sash and click some pictures together in some weirdly cute poses, then we receive the prize for a four days and three nights package to Munnar in September.

"Hey, maybe we can go there." I say.

"Maybe..." He says with a smile.

"And here is your trophy." The host says and gives it to us.

"Keep it." Karan says.

"No, you keep it." I say and hand the trophy to him.

"No, you keep it." He says, giving it back to me.

"I can't keep it, Karan. If you are forgetting, I live in a big family." I say and give him the trophy, "So you keep it."

"Haha! If you're forgetting, I have a very curious mother who will torture me to spill the truth." He says, "So you keep it."

"Ugh! Fine. I will keep it." I say, "But you keep the sash."

"What did I just say?" He says.

"Come on, you can hide it in your pocket." I say and give it to him.

"I want one more tea." Karan says.

"And a towel maybe." I say as I look at my hair.

"And definitely a dry jacket." Karan says, looking down at me.

"Stop looking." I say with a glare.

"I will. But what about them?" Karan says with a frown and almost launches into a fight with a man.

"Let's just go." I say and take his arm.

We were almost close to the stall when the rain started again and Karan and I had to take shelter from it in the back of a storage building. At first it was not that fast, but we were waiting for it to slow down a little so we could run to a much dry place. But then it started coming down fast and harsh.

"Damn it!" I say, "I thought it was going to be a clear day."

"In Shimla, not Kufri. But Shimla will have a rainy day tomorrow." Karan says as he shakes head and the water splashes around in a cool way, then he pulls them back.

I look away in embarrassment. When did I start noticing little things like Karan looks more handsome with his hair away from the face? Stop thinking, Siya. It's just the rain that is making me feel so... romantically... delusional. Yes. That's right.

I fold my arms around me and duck my head down to feel a little warmth, but it is pointless as the rain changed its direction and is falling straight at my face. Seriously. But then, after just three seconds, I don't feel the rain drops coming down harshly so I look up to finally thank the gods, only to find Karan blocking the rain.