4. Deep Calm Water.

***Karan's POV.***

I sigh in relief when I hear the sound of laughter coming out of Siya's cabin. Then I look back at Danny and glare at him for wasting my time.

"What? I was worried about my friends." He says.

"For nothing." Sobha says as she comes to stop in front of us, "You need to calm down, Danny. Siya Mam is hot-headed, not hitler."

I take the file from my secretary and say, "She is right."

"Sorry, Sir." Danny says then sighs when they all come out, "What happened, Gauri?"

"Narsimha Swami saved us all." She says with a smile.

"More like your cuteness did." Manish says ruffling her head.

"Hey!" Danny says in warning.

"Enough chitchat. Get back to your work now." I say and turn to go into Siya's cabin when Hina comes out.

She smiles at me and I ask, "How are you?"

"Fine, Sir. Thank you for yesterday." She says.

"No need to thank me. It was my duty. Take care." I say and she nods.

"What do you need?" She asks and I go to smile but stop.

Guinea Pig, huh?

"Mr. Vyas' meeting is postponed to an hour later and here, you need to attend this meeting before that." I say as I give her the file.

"Can't you do that?" She asks.

"No, I have two more meetings lined up at that time around. Can you handle it?" I ask.

"Can I handle it?" She scoffs, "... Yes, I can."

I suppress my smile and the urge to question her if she can't find the right retort, but keep mute. We discuss some key points that need to be involved and to end the meeting quickly but efficiently in time.

"Great." She says, "Thanks for your help."

"Do your best, Siya." I say.

"You too." She says and I turn to leave but couldn't leave without saying, "Also if I look like a guinea pig when I smile, do you know what you look like when you are angry?"

"What?" She asks after two seconds.

"Pufferfish." I say, "One touch and puff."

"Karan!" Siya exclaims as I leave before she hits me with anything.

"Sir, Sir..." Sobha says as she comes to stop in front of me with a rush, "Your clients are here early."

"Then why are you getting anxious? Take them to the second conference room and I will be there in two minutes." I say and she sighs.

"Sometimes I forget you are more relaxed than Siya Mam." She says with a sigh and I shake my head.

I attended the meeting and was relieved to find my other client was early too. Maybe I can help Siya in her meeting so she can prepare for Mr. Vyas' meeting. But things didn't go well. My second meeting had gone very long and by the time I was finished, Siya was already in the meeting.

"How was the meeting, Sir?" Aarti asks as soon as I enter the cabin where they are all gathered to work on the project we got two days ago. It is a big deal for us.

"It was good and successful." I say.

"That's great, Sir." Jai says.

"It means more work for us." Adil says with a yawn but still keeps typing away something in his laptop.