28. Wish For Forever.

Hi everyone! Finally exams are over but not studying and getting stupidly sick. But I am so glad to be back and write again. It would be a slow but a sure start and I assure you of that. Also, soon I will announce Adya and Shravan's book's title and cover and you guys know what you have to do.

Thank you for supporting me and appreciating my work all through this long break. I really adore you all a lot.

Thank you. 😊❤️

***Karan's POV.***

As soon as we entered the hall, loud cheers welcomed us and for a second, I actually felt I was there for my reception. I look down at my parents who have proud smiles on their faces, not only because I could become CEO today, but because I have Siya in my arms.

My Mum is literally gesturing to me to pick up Siya so she won't fall and I hold myself back from giving her a frown and ruining my entrance. I look back at Siya when I feel her nails making dents in my arm and put my hand on hers.

"Relax. Your saree is doing just fine." I say.

"Thanks, Karan. I can take her from here. Don't want to spoil your night." Shravan says and takes Siya with her.

Siya looks back at me with hope, but I wave at her and she frowns. I walked up to Shaurya Uncle, the man who taught me everything and made me believe that I could do more, and touched his feet, then Mayra Aunty's. They give me their blessings.

"Son," Shaurya Uncle says, putting his hand on my shoulder, "You have done your best and more than I ever expected. Sometimes I really see myself in you and feel so proud. Just like Veer and Shravan, you are also my son."

"You mean Son-in-law, Jija Ji." Mum says and I want to slap my head.

"Anu..." Mayra Aunty says.

"It is happening. Whether you like it or not." Mum says.

"Well, I won't mind." Shaurya Uncle says, "Any father-in-law would be lucky to get Karan as his son-in-law."

"Oh! Did you hear that, Karan? That's the best compliment you have ever gotten from Shaurya Jiju." Mum says.

"Seriously, Mum." I say.

"For me, it is the bestest." She says, then turns to Uncle again and asks, "So when is the wedding?"

"Whenever the kids want it." Uncle says with a teasing smile and I look at him to just stop, "But that would also mean, both the kids should agree for the wedding."

"And stay alive to be wedded." Mayra Aunty says.

"Oh, they will be alive." Mum says.

"But not agreeing." Pa finally says, "And this is not the day or time to talk about this stuff. Today is a tremendous day for our kids. They both have worked hard and I know they both will win."

"There could only be one CEO, Pa." I say.

"I know, son. But still there could be many winners, too." He says, and I don't understand.

"Now go ahead and mingle around rather than wasting your time with us. Looks like my daughter is already on it." Uncle says and I follow his eyes to find Siya talking with two men who look more interested in her than her conversation.

But I know she can handle things on her own, so I turn and approach some familiar people first who introduce me to their friends. Every now and then, I look back at Siya just as I promised to watch over her.

She is doing fine, but I am irritated to find her surrounded by more men. Siya is holding down the fort, but obviously one in the group is constantly closing in on her and interrupting her conversation, too. I can see she is close to losing her composure.